Disc Brake Rotor Specs

patches

haha! yeah! I'll revise the XT logo. I didn't have a font so I drew it out with vectors. 

Also gotta whip up a 140mm version, not to mention the stress testing on each of them.

But yeah, once refined, I'll email you some pics (Please PM me your email address).

I'll also see what Plasma Cut will charge for something like this. 

Awesome idea. I would love a personolized set of rotors. I would be happy to pay extra for this. Weight is not too much of an issue for me. I do think that the spiders conecting the fixing area to the braking area need to be curved in the direction of rotation to increase stregnth. If they are straight up, you would probably warp the discs and buckle the spiders.

Awesome idea. I would love a personolized set of rotors. I would be happy to pay extra for this. Weight is not too much of an issue for me. I do think that the spiders conecting the fixing area to the braking area need to be curved in the direction of rotation to increase stregnth. If they are straight up' date=' you would probably warp the discs and buckle the spiders.[/quote']

...like the above XT concept? or should those curve the opposite way?

I can mail you my design's outer ring and you can just add the spider and mounting centre. I'll pm you know.

Awesome idea. I would love a personolized set of rotors. I would be happy to pay extra for this. Weight is not too much of an issue for me. I do think that the spiders conecting the fixing area to the braking area need to be curved in the direction of rotation to increase stregnth. If they are straight up' date=' you would probably warp the discs and buckle the spiders.[/quote']

...like the above XT concept? or should those curve the opposite way?
Mampara's interior design will work well.

I would like my name and surname cut into the braking surface, in a funky font. What is the charge for design?

I've just run a quick stress analysis on the XT concept. I'll do a few more calcs to make sure the spokes/spiders can hold up under load.

As for design charge... haha! I have no clue! I'll have to think about that one... I'm just killing time at work while waiting for results from a simulation, haha!

I would love to get involved in this. This is what I have in mine in both 160 and 140mm. This was done in Coreldraw so it it not 100% CAD quality.

http://www.vukileprops.co.za/pics/xt.jpg

hey please email me the corel file with this in so i can fiddle for my own design this could be fun...

thanks

Laser cut charge is based on the length of the cut and the number of pierce points, as a pierce takes longer than a cut. Also, bear in mind that the pierce is a larger diameter than the rest of the cut, so if you don't want to see it, get them to pierce inside the piece of material being removed.

Also, you'll want to use laser cut, not plasma - the edges will be way smoother - plasma leaves a bit of a burr.