Southern Suburbs Riders

niklasvm

Hi, i'm just interested in if there any groups that ride on weekday mornings from the southern suburbs?

I dont know, but I'm currently sorting out my indoor trainer wheel, so I've had to get out on the road midweek. Went out this morning and it was so frustration...tried to do a hard 1hr ride(as you have about an hour from sunrise to peak hour traffic) but kept getting stopped by freakin robots...I cant wait to be back on my trainer, ridin midweek(apart from hill repeats on a sucluded hill) sucks balls IMO

I went out this morning on a loop around Ou Kaaps, Chapman's and then Constantia Neck. I'm still feeling the venom of the cobra, heart rate wouldn't go up...

It would be nice to see if there are any big groups that ride. I've only really seen lone riders.

We ride Weekday mornings. Mostly start at the circle at the top of Tokai road, at the North Gate of Steenberg Golf Estate.

We meet there at 5:30am Tuesdays and Thursdays. We generally head over Constantia Nek, Chappies and OU Kaapse weg before parting ways.

There is a mix of strengths, we may ride up at our own pace... but normally wait for the slowest rider before continuing downhill.

I did see a group in that area this morning going towards town. After a bit of rain this morning the day really cleared up on my ride.

I ride in a group that starts in Claremont @ 5 on Tuesdays. We ride to Shark Bay (Fish Hoek), over Chappies and back over the Nek.

Thursdays, its through Obs to Town and Sea Point over Suikers and home via the Nek starting @ 5:15.

The group starts on Main Rd at the BMW dealership/Autohouse Angel traffic lights that lead to Landsdowne bridge.

Average speed is about 28km/h and we regroup at the top of the climbs.

The group starts on Main Rd at the BMW dealership/Autohouse Angel traffic lights that lead to Landsdowne bridge.

?

Average speed is about 28km/h and we regroup at the top of the climbs.

I think i might join you on Thursday.

I dont know' date=' but I'm currently sorting out my indoor trainer wheel, so I've had to get out on the road midweek. Went out this morning and it was so frustration...tried to do a hard 1hr ride(as you have about an hour from sunrise to peak hour traffic) but kept getting stopped by freakin robots...I cant wait to be back on my trainer, ridin midweek(apart from hill repeats on a sucluded hill) sucks balls IMO

[/quote']

"as you have about an hour from sunrise to peak hour traffic"

you need to get up earlier man! sun is out from 5am and peak hour doesnt start until 7:30, might be all the "poep" you are inhaling while sitting on that indoor trainer that messed up your mathematic skills!