Getting there

HowellingWulf

ricky, if you want to feel better - well, misery loves company - go have a gander at the official accident thread under photos.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear you are mending fellow hubber.Thumbs%20Up (Oh right, I forgot....)

I can relate to the frustration of not being able to ride dude. 

I also had a bit of a mishap recently and it looks like I will be off the bike for 6 to 8 weeks. Thankfully the bike is A - OK.

Really guys, it's easy to say that there will be other races (in my case, I was training really hard for the fast one). We know this but it doesn't make the feeling of being unable to ride any easier to bear.Cry

S2C may be coming up next year for RB, but like he was training for this year and next year may not be the same.Confused

Keep on mending.

Anyone hear from IanJ?

Apparently Trubie saw him this morning with his leg bandaged or so. Not entirely sure though. Andyr2492010-01-21 06:58:48

I am here, I saw Trubie at Cyclelab this morning, from there we went to see the Doc to have the bandages, stitches (staples actually) and splint removed. Doc is happy with the way I have healed but the depressing news is he doesn't want me to start riding again at least until I have seen a physio next week. Seems the ligament damage was worse than I thought and it can take up to 6 weeks to heal properly.

So I am not a happy chappy right now and I agree it is easy to say there is always next year but when you have put so much effort into your training for a specific event just to have it all thrown out the window it is not cool. Also it is my first year in a new age category so was hoping to do well.

HEy IanJ, that sucks man. Hope you make a full recovery.

Sometimes we have t listen to the medical dudes. I used to think they knew "jack" but lately I m more comfortable that sometimes they do know stuff.

Rather take it easy and get better dude. Ligaments are dangerous to play around with so rather do like the quack says. AS much as it sucks.

So far, my ribs are still damn sore so not msiing the bike too much. Not looking forward to that period when they feel good and I still can't ride. I guess I have t listen to the good docs for my own good.

Keep on mending mate.

Good to hear you are mending fellow hubber.Thumbs%20Up (Oh right' date=' I forgot....)

I can relate to the frustration of not being able to ride dude. 

I also had a bit of a mishap recently and it looks like I will be off the bike for 6 to 8 weeks. Thankfully the bike is A - OK.

Really guys, it's easy to say that there will be other races (in my case, I was training really hard for the fast one). We know this but it doesn't make the feeling of being unable to ride any easier to bear.Cry

S2C may be coming up next year for RB, but like he was training for this year and next year may not be the same.Confused

Keep on mending.

Anyone hear from IanJ?

[/quote']

Amen brother Slave!

hey ricky and slave and ianj - thinking of you guys, get well soon!!!

and keep posting (good) news about the recoveries ...

Thanks cat. The good news about recovery is it will be so lekker when the pain goes away.LOL

For the past two weeks, I have been sleeping in a "sitting" position. Propped up against the continental pillows. Confused

On the upside, I was able to lift my left arm all the way up to my head this morning. For some reason the shoulder feels stiff but it is def getting there.

Supposed to go see Dr. Bones today (the surgeon who did the plate) but at R400 to go see him for a follow-up appointment to tell me what I already know, I have decided to give it a miss.

The ribs still tickle some but gradually, the pain is going away.Big%20smile

Damn, I am looking forward to being able to comply with performing marital duties again. Embarrassed

Damn' date=' I am looking forward to being able to comply with performing marital duties again. Embarrassed

[/quote']

Oh, right. Never thought of that.

Don't take this the wrong way, but we are all sticking up for you?Embarrassed

Bwaaaaaaahahahahahahahah. FOFLMFAO.

Very punny Gasper.LOL 

Dude, you are not supposed to make me laugh. Ouch

Welcome back Ricky Bobby! I am sorry to hear of your injuries! I hope you heal up very soon....and that you are not in too much pain!

Thanks for always keeping us laughing!

slave! i thought of you this morning!

rode at that muddy zoo-farm place close by your house this morning. the last time i was there, you and the slavedriver came to say hi after a roadie-ride .... was sending 'get-well-vibes' your way this morning - did you get them, and did they help?

slave! i thought of you this morning!

rode at that muddy zoo-farm place close by your house this morning. the last time i was there' date=' you and the slavedriver came to say hi after a roadie-ride .... was sending 'get-well-vibes' your way this morning - did you get them, and did they help?
[/quote']

Have you done the Bob Marley healing course "Positive Vibrations"?

Just joking. Skivvy and Bobby, how are you guys holding up?

ricky, slave and ianj i'm thinking of all 3 of you. i know the frustration of a longer-term recovery (having perfected the art of attaining max damage per fall myself). all i can say for certain is listen to the doc... do as i say, not as i do ClownWink

Would like to try the Bob MArley method but the stuff he smoked makes me cough something awful. (Don't ask how I know this 'k!)

Thansk Cat, yeah, woke up this AM feeling much better than I have for a while.

Thansk Cat' date=' yeah, woke up this AM feeling much better than I have for a while.

[/quote']

Medication getting to you Slave?

I apologise for leaving off a name in my query list - IanJ, how are you coming along?