thursday night ride - moo mall (EVERY thursday)

MaxUmis

Any idea on how far we intend riding tonight?

I've got all my stuff loaded in the car so G2G :D

Who would be keen to meet at 18:15ish, depending on traffic :blush:

according to the DnD website it is 30km this evening 'mild to wild' I will be taking it easy today... no crazy downhills like I did last week on RUSH because I am doing the xterra on saturday, and I am already carrying some serious bruises and a stiff neck from the weekend rides in Groenkloof with the new Peace, realy didn't think 45mm longer handlebars would make me colide with the fence so often :blush:

But I can be there by 18:15 no problem...

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mild2Wild scheduled for tonight :rolleyes:

We're aiming for a nice 35km. But I suspect we'll probably end up doing...... 28.67km :)

My bike is ready, so I just need to load it and go. I can be there at 18h00.

Who else is keen?

Mild2Wild scheduled for tonight :rolleyes:

We're aiming for a nice 35km. But I suspect we'll probably end up doing...... 28.67km :)

My bike is ready, so I just need to load it and go. I can be there at 18h00.

Who else is keen?

I hope I can make it, my horse is at the LBS for truing the back wheel after doing some amazing stunts last weekend :D

whats gonna happen at 6:15??

whats gonna happen at 6:15??

We were throwing around the thought that most can make it slightly earlier than 7, so for the weekly "regulars", we meet earlier, then do a eg 30-45min ride then meet back at Spur for the usual night session so we get more distance in.

I'll msg Jacques & Dubber as well ;)

ok, I will aim at 1800.......... no worries if the rest of you turn up a bit later, its either being there or at work ;)

We have been watching this thread with interest. Is anyone welcome to ride, and if so, what is needed?

A night ride sounds interesting.

We have been watching this thread with interest. Is anyone welcome to ride, and if so, what is needed?

A night ride sounds interesting.

It's open to anybody, the only cost is parking at Irene Mall, between R7-12 depending on how many beers you have at Spur post ride :)

Bring along a sence of adventure, a sence of humour and a set of lights :D

Not sure exactly of what Mild2Wild means, but as you can see, about a 35km ride tonight. If you a bit worried, the 1st Thursday is a 25km intro ride ;)

Else check out the website, www.darkndirty.co.za

Thanks for that Clinton.

Think we will join next week then, and see how it goes.

Edited by pezulu

It was a very nice ride last night, very relaxed indeed.

I made contact with mother earth a few times and even experienced a very well coordinated double fall where two of us were involved (things like this that brings MTB'ers together :D )

Thanks DnD!! :clap:

It was a very nice ride last night, very relaxed indeed.

I made contact with mother earth a few times and even experienced a very well coordinated double fall where two of us were involved (things like this that brings MTB'ers together :D )

Thanks DnD!! :clap:

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Was a lekker evening, i think we should've come down the Full RUSH to make it more Wild than Mild :D

As sweeper, i only saw u fall once....am i riding too slowly :unsure:

The double was an ABSOLUTE BUTE! & my moment for the night (YES - i was there to witness it), funny how Dubber fell in the sloshy swamp, then u ride just pass him and do exactly the same thing after 10 others seemed to have gone thru fine :P

Hopefully work doesn't screw up next week ;)

I also remember some guy on a 29'er really struggling, especially on the climbs :P

you wouldn't be talking about me? would you...... :blush:

don't worry when I have finished living in permanent calorie deficit (and am another 20kg lighter) we can talk again! ;)

Or was it the other 29'er (which is even heavier) you were talking about.....?

the main aim last night was to stay below any form of aerobic activity....

we achieved this!! well done to all involved!!

great night out again, oupa gert was great upfront , when we were able to catch up to him.

see all next week!!

you wouldn't be talking about me? would you...... :blush:

don't worry when I have finished living in permanent calorie deficit (and am another 20kg lighter) we can talk again! ;)

Or was it the other 29'er (which is even heavier) you were talking about.....?

:whistling:

Fluit fluit my storie is uit...

Endurance op die saal sit oefening, volgende keer full susser vir die klim.

Volgende week 6 uur om 'n 5km roete uit te werk vir die wat wil saam kom om te verken.smile.gif