Babbas Lodge Entry

mark ellis

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to convince myself NOT to do it...

Friday night=10km night run

Saturday morning=90km MTB

?

So Sunday should be a prime candidate for a rest' date=' or not?
[/quote']

So Agteros, where's all this other fun stuff happening?

Guest Agteros

[/quote']

So Agteros, where's all this other fun stuff happening?

The run is the Randburg Harriers Valentines night race Big%20smile (http://www.entrytime.com/index.asp?GoTo=EventInfo&EventID=2652)

The MTB is Breedtsnek, plus some more on the other side Ouch

After all of that, I can't imagine bettering my previous Babbas 35km time Cry
Agteros2010-02-08 14:10:38

Hey who's doing babbas on Sunday?

We'll be there too. Puma is doing the 35km and I will be getting my first 70km under the belt.

Awesome MJ, maybe I wont snap a chain this time and stay for a beer with you guys, would be awesome!!

[/quote']

No chance, training for Sabie, so Saturday also doing 100km mtb plus the 70km Babbas on Sunday.  Have a funny feeling Monday is going to consist of a lot of lying down LOL

A lady friend of mine recently bought a MTB' date=' so maybe we should do the fun ride together ? I think the flat and non-technical nature would suite a beginner ?

[/quote'] 

Excellent route for someone starting out.  Just take it easy on the short downhill after the short uphill, the rest - flat.

Guest Agteros

[/quote']

No chance, training for Sabie, so Saturday also doing 100km mtb plus the 70km Babbas on Sunday.  Have a funny feeling Monday is going to consist of a lot of lying down LOL

I don't have the Sani on my horizon for this year (I might be convinced otherwise for next...)

Just busy doing base building-ish things at the mo, but would REALLY REALLY want to go do Babbas ... Cry

My Monday will consist of a lot of sitting upright and paying attention

Hmm

[/quote']

I don't have the Sani on my horizon for this year (I might be convinced otherwise for next...)

Just busy doing base building-ish things at the mo, but would REALLY REALLY want to go do Babbas ... Cry

My Monday will consist of a lot of sitting upright and paying attention

Hmm

But then, run like crazy person on Friday, take Saturday easy, and gun Sunday again like a gummi bear.

O and I dont have Sani on the horizon either...LOL  Sabie classic, doing my first real full marathon.

Guest Agteros
But then' date=' run like crazy person on Friday, take Saturday easy, and gun Sunday again like a gummi bear.

O and I dont have Sani on the horizon either...LOL  Sabie classic, doing my first real full marathon.
[/quote']

wyk satan! Don't give me ideas now (I'd prefer to hang on to my 'last Babbas time' and not spoil that last memory with a slower ride) My 70km time needs some improving though smiley2.gif

I'm doing that 90km with some 'Sani people', so guess that is why I misread it.

I wanted to do Sabie, but eventually decided on Carousel. It sounds like the east rand is full of pot holes, so it will have to double as an off-road race smiley36.gif

hmmm aaah uuhm, what to do... kill myself on one weekend.. or drag it out over the rest of the year...?

But then' date=' run like crazy person on Friday, take Saturday easy, and gun Sunday again like a gummi bear.

[/quote']

wyk satan! Don't give me ideas now (I'd prefer to hang on to my 'last Babbas time' and not spoil that last memory with a slower ride) My 70km time needs some improving though smiley2.gif

I'm doing that 90km with some 'Sani people', so guess that is why I misread it.

I wanted to do Sabie, but eventually decided on Carousel. It sounds like the east rand is full of pot holes, so it will have to double as an off-road race smiley36.gif

hmmm aaah uuhm, what to do... kill myself on one weekend.. or drag it out over the rest of the year...?

No no, kill yourself every week LOL I'm pushing that overreaching boundary, will good eating and resting in between.

Come do Babbas, Ill stick you for a beer as well afterwards...wooohhahaHAHA.  But enjoy your Carousel duel-surface race, Im looking forward to Sabie.  Sleep now.

Guest Agteros
No no' date=' kill yourself every week LOL I'm pushing that overreaching boundary, will good eating and resting in between.

Come do Babbas, Ill stick you for a beer as well afterwards...wooohhahaHAHA.  But enjoy your Carousel duel-surface race, Im looking forward to Sabie.  Sleep now.
[/quote']

Thanks for the offer, but after yesterdays training session (suffer fest) I think I'll rather give Babbas a miss this weekend. I'm running every day of the week (Mon to Fri), and Sat a long MTB ride. Sunday will be my coach potato day smiley1.gif

Should be there 14 March though...

I'm sorely tempted but it just seems one hell of a drive from Jhb.

Any hubbers from Jhb central going through and want to share a ride? I'm in Parkhurst.

Erik, closing date & time for online entries is 18:00 tomorrow. If I enter, I'll send you a PM and we can arrange to travel through together.

No no' date=' kill yourself every week LOL I'm pushing that overreaching boundary, will good eating and resting in between.

[/quote']

Thanks for the offer, but after yesterdays training session (suffer fest) I think I'll rather give Babbas a miss this weekend. I'm running every day of the week (Mon to Fri), and Sat a long MTB ride. Sunday will be my coach potato day smiley1.gif

Should be there 14 March though...

Ag pansy..Big%20smile..im kidding, had a suffer fest this morning and think Im downgrading my 100km on Saturday to a easy 50km or something, Sunday I want to be daisy fresh.  Next, next time though, the 14 March race im not in the country.

[/quote']

No riding on Friday or Saturday. I wanna go hard on Sunday to check my fitness level for Sabie...Shocked

[/quote']

No riding on Friday or Saturday. I wanna go hard on Sunday to check my fitness level for Sabie...Shocked

What time you hoping for, also what distance are you doing at Sabie?

Just remember to keep some in the tank for the second lap!!