calves muscle

dirtcrazy

lower body fat will also help to show the muscles you already have in the calf area (if your riding for some time already you would have developed some lines there)

This is beginning to sound alot like a bodybuilding forum... LOL

Remember - cycling = endurance sport --- meaning big muscles are quite useless --- you need some well conditioned, lean, flexible muscles with lots of endurance from repetitive movements

Use it or don't use it.

Some jogs out there really need to start cycling to get some form in there their lower bodyBig%20smile

ASTANA2010-02-03 09:06:17

Are you wearing high heels in that photo?

What?

uhm...That would be a "no". I am over that phase ok...LOL

Some guys want the name of the therapist who helped you over it.Big%20smile

As mentioned earlier, if you do resistance training (which will improve your riding) you need to focus on lower weights (resistance) with higher repetitions. Varying resistance and number of reps per set will also help.

Ok heres my tip.

I used to go to the late Reg Park for personal training up until he passed away almost 2 years ago. For those who have'nt heard of him he won Mr unvierse 3 times back in the 50's and 60's and was also the trainer of Aaaarnold. He acted as hercules in the movies.

He had a crazy theory about calf muscles. Now plesae bear in mind that he had a knowledge about muscles second to none and used to do demostrations for anatomy students!

So.... he said that calf muscles were particular tough to get anything out of, ie size and definition. Therefore they need to be worked harder, similar to his theory on biceps as well. He used to preapre a mixture of hot water and olive oil, and used to massage his calves with it at the end of every day. He said that they reacted better when he did this.

As for excercises, seated and standing calf raises (4 sets of 20 reps as heavy as you can go). You can also do calf raises with a barbel on ur shoulders and do calf raises.

hope this helps

Check out www.regpark.net

noche2010-02-04 01:24:32