CSC - all seems fine now

pastapouch

ClapComputer Sciences Corporation (CSC) said it will continue involvement in the sport of cycling going forward, including sponsorship of ProTour Team CSC.

"An important factor in our decision is Team CSC's groundbreaking anti-doping program, which has become a model for clean sports in general," said Henrik Bo Peterson, CSC executive in charge of sponsorship according to www.sys-con.com. "[Director] Bjarne [Riis] has been instrumental in establishing the program, and we believe his continued leadership in Team CSC and the sport is critical to ongoing efforts to clean up cycling. Indeed, we strongly encourage all of the ProTour teams to implement anti-doping programs similar to the one in place at Team CSC.

"Needless to say, we are deeply disappointed by Bjarne Riis' recent admission of past doping," said Pedersen. "While we remain steadfast in our condemnation of doping, we accept Bjarne's apologies and believe that his candor -- and his commitment to cleaning up the sport -- represents a potential turning point for cycling. We have therefore concluded that we will continue our sponsorship.

CSC is a global IT company with approximately 79,000 employees

I thought Bjarne Riis is out, or is he just out of the TdF as a manager of CSC?