Fox Lockout Lever Replacement

levett

Replacement Fox Fork Lockout Levers

I've just been with JB this morning and he was saying that there was a thread here on The Hub some time ago where someone was molding/casting replacement lockout levers in resin.

I've done a search, but couldn't find anything - this is exazctly what I'm looking for.

Anyone have any leads?

Thanks guys...

I can cast a lever after I've made a mould, but I'll need an original one to start with...

I can DUPLICATE any part, but needs the original to make a mould from.

Even a broken lever will work if all the pieces are still there. I'll glue them together and make a mould from it.

I can cast a lever after I've made a mould' date=' but I'll need an original one to start with...

I can DUPLICATE any part, but needs the original to make a mould from.

[/quote']

I can 'lend'you a lever (so long as I get it back Wink ) and then you can make a replacement for me.

Please PM me and we can discuss - where are you located?
levett2010-02-12 08:36:05

Not saying that it can't be done but I remember the thread, the lockout lever for a fox is in aluminium and has an inticate system of three small ball bearings and grub screws to adjust said balls. Whereas the examples Brighter Lights used were Rock Shox levers which are plastic and have a single screw holding them in place...

As far as I remember, the fox lever has very thin sections... not sure how the thread will hold up for those 3mm? grub screws...

I can however fill the casting with atomized bronze powder... the weight diff wont be much for such a small part.

Sorry... crazy busy day... will answer in detail later...

I can attest to Brighter-Lights workmanship. He copied my RockShox lever, superb quality and detail.