exploit the business to make a buck...

Stretch

They had an advertising guru on the radio a while back and he mentioned that companies that are forced to remove their ads?can claim compensation.

the big question is who will be compensating - fifa? or joe public?

FIFA but i fear there would most likely be lots of red tape and stalling involved before getting anything.

Wasn't there a big hoo-ha about the Vodacom ad ontop of Ponty?

I think it was the Coke ad. As with all these big events Pepsi normally sponsors and you know how popular Pepsi is in Africa.

There appears some clarity, existing establishements are not affected the proposal was only meant to target new establishments wanting to get a slice of the action.

There appears some clarity' date=' existing establishements are not affected the proposal was only meant to target new establishments wanting to get a slice of the action. [/quote']

jinx, just read that in the m&g and was going to post the same.

There appears some clarity' date=' existing establishements are not affected the proposal was only meant to target new establishments wanting to get a slice of the action. [/quote']

They've admitted that the original communication was very confusing. Good news for me as my pub would have been forced to increase the price of beers.

There appears some clarity' date=' existing establishements are not affected the proposal was only meant to target new establishments?wanting to get a slice of the action. [/quote']

?

They've admitted that the original communication was very confusing. Good news for me as my?pub would have been forced to increase the price of beers.

ok -so it only 50% bad now............. consider the following scenario. When I set up my own business, I planned the process and identified what would be a good time financially to go on my own - same thing here. What about that potential business owner that has been negotiating rental, planning the process of fitting his new pub etc etc etc. His whole business plan relies on the fact that he has projected earnings for the world cup period that would allow him/her to continue in the business going forward. Suddenly, he has to throw R50000 into the mix. I still think it is cr@p. The government is supposedly meant to be supporting small business. This is not and it is purely a means to raise some capital so that some haughty taughty politician can get a fat check at the end of the year - bollocks to that!!

They've admitted that the original communication was very confusing. Good news for me as my pub would have been forced to increase the price of beers.

ok -so it only 50% bad now............. consider the following scenario. When I set up my own business, I planned the process and identified what would be a good time financially to go on my own - same thing here. What about that potential business owner that has been negotiating rental, planning the process of fitting his new pub etc etc etc. His whole business plan relies on the fact that he has projected earnings for the world cup period that would allow him/her to continue in the business going forward. Suddenly, he has to throw R50000 into the mix. I still think it is cr@p. The government is supposedly meant to be supporting small business. This is not and it is purely a means to raise some capital so that some haughty taughty politician can get a fat check at the end of the year - bollocks to that!!

no, if the new establishment has a liquor licence, they are exempt. the new licences, according to the dti, only apply to fanparks and public viewing areas.  

no' date=' if the new establishment has a liquor licence, they are exempt. the new licences, according to the?dti, only apply to fanparks and?public viewing areas.??
[/quote']

ok i retract my rant, and i apologise to any politician I may have offended in the process smiley2.gif

no' date=' if the new establishment has a liquor licence, they are exempt. the new licences, according to the dti, only apply to fanparks and public viewing areas.  
[/quote']

ok i retract my rant, and i apologise to any politician I may have offended in the process smiley2.gif

no, it can't be held against you. the dti said it was their fault that the gazetted article was badly worded.

no' date=' if the new establishment has a liquor licence, they are exempt. the new licences, according to the?dti, only apply to fanparks and?public viewing areas.??
[/quote'] ok i retract my rant, and i apologise to any politician I may have offended in the process smiley2.gif

?

no, it can't be held against you. the dti said it was their fault that the gazetted article was badly worded.

ha ha. the previous comment was dripping with sarcasm smiley36.gif

Holy it is still an F"up. We already have a liquor license as well as a "special"liquor license but now have to purchase the "new" one as well because we will be broadcasting some of our games in the garden area which constitutes a "fanpark".

Essentially before the world cup we needed two licenses to cover the property now suddenly we need 3. We are not even sure if these licenses apply to 1 for the entire property or 1 per fanpark - food for thought.