Helping cyclist in NEED!!!

Cycle Gr8

Good luck in finding a bike to borrow.  Iam sure that there is a kind hearted hubber in Gauteng to help you out.  smiley1.gif 

Hi Slick

Thanks very much for helping out the youngster. May u be blessed and may someone else be able to help you one day when you in need.
It's a pleasure Anton.

He is a good kid and very enthusiastic. I've asked him to let me know how he gets on with the sizing. Definitely a shorter stem needed but I hear you have that sorted.

Sean

I'm sure a BIG "Thank You" is on its way. Let's keep the faith and give the younster a chance to show his worth.  Wink

What I don't understand is how easy people find it to beg for something in stead of going out and finding a way to earn some money so that they afford what they want.

When my brother and I started cycling way back in 1988 my parents could not afford to support our cycling addiction after 6 months, so we had to go out and find part time jobs. We delivered newspapers, worked at fastfood outlets, cafes and wherever we could so that we could afford the upkeep of our bikes.

We started small and over time upgraded our bikes until we had a relatively "good".

I'm sorry, I might sound callous and cold, but we have been there and know it's not easy or cheep, but people should first try look for ways to try and fund there past time themselves before starting to beg for handouts.

Hi guys

I thought our hubbers were there to help each other and to promote the sport not to make sarcastic comments. So if you have nothing positive to ad to this forum rather keep it to yourself.

I couldn't agree more Anton. Well said Clap

Hi guys

I thought our hubbers were there to help each other and to promote the sport not to make sarcastic comments. So if you have nothing positive to ad to this forum rather keep it to yourself.

Isn't that just another sarcastic comment .... maybe we are preventing someone from getting ripped off.

Who else feels that there's something fishy about the post.

Going to varsity, can't spell, cyclist lets him ride a bike during the week ....

Dear idrive and speed devil...  You guys are the biggest idiots i've seen in my life.  You have no idea whats going on in life.  Maybe if you start reading your Bible you'll see that if you ask for something and you believe you'll recieve it.  Now because you had to work yourself to death for your bikes you can't find peace that someone else gets blessed.  And for my spelling, im at varsity and i can spell anyway i like that won't stop me from beating you on the road in a few months anyway.  I met a gr8 guy that got me started with one of his bikes.  Slick is a guy thats understands a real passion for something and he could help someone in need.  I've thanked him personally and on PM.  If there where something fishy I wouldnt have given slick my student card etc...  But I just want to thank slick again for his awesome help and understanding.  Super Mario I just want to also thank you for your support and positive remarks.  You're the type of guy that promotes this gr8 sport.  Everyone else that wished me luck, thanks guys i really hope to meet you guys soon on the road... I'm quite eager to start racing as soon as my ass can take the hours haha...  Happy cycling

Cycle Gr8Wink

Shaan is a genuine young guy who needs a bike for a couple of months while he saves up for one of his own.  Therefore it is not a handout, the bike is on loan. Can you blame the guy for being excited about the sport since he has only recently started cycling?

I was really impressed by him as he did not have the usual attitude of arrogance and indifference which is so commonplace amongst today's youth. Instead he was outgoing, enthusiastic, polite and respectful. The kind of kid I hope my daughter will bring home...

To put your minds at ease, he has obviously thanked me profusely in person when he collected the bike and later via a number of mails after his first ride on it. Those mails, you may be pleased to hear, did not have any grammatical or spelling errors. Even if they did contain errors, I'd forgive those minor faults since English is not his first language.

My roadbike has not been ridden for 2 years, just hanging from the ceiling gathering dust with rusting cables from 2008 Argus. It's not exactly the

latest piece of kit either. I'm sure if a scammer wanted to steal a bike, he could have

found something a lot better than a 2001 KHS Flite 800. After speaking to him on the phone, meeting him in person and talking to his dad - I have absolutely no doubt that I'll get my bike back and in a better condition than when I last saw it.

Hey Shaan, I started writing the above post before I saw your response. Wink

Enjoy the bike and I'll chat to you soon.

Hi guys

Isn't that just another sarcastic comment? question mark ....  capitalisation Maybe we are preventing someone from getting* ripped off. *incorrect word

Who else feels that there's something fishy about the post? question mark

Going to varsity' date=' can't spell, cyclist lets him ride a bike during the week .... Eish, the grammar here...

[/quote']Ermmslick2010-02-21 15:43:26