Sabie Results Wrong Spectrum Sports Timing Sucks

piper

Your data for the number board does remain the same.

The data for the race comes from the online portals  as the timming system used could be different from race to race.

The online companies, timming companies and others are protective over the data and do not use the same fields for ID age etc etc that is why at most races there is a large amount of manual work that has to take place

As someone said SS are one of the better companies and you cannot do Sabie +2000 entries by hand with the new 5 number boards. I have been on the finish lines and to take down 3 numbers on boards with that amount of riders is impossible

I have done many mtb races in the last four years. I have always received correct results posted at the race venue in a given time period. Having now completed Barberton and Sabie 2010, the whole experience has only lead to frustration. We only received our Barberton race results on the Monday after the Saturday Barberton race. On Saturday at Sabie I noticed many discrepancies with the results and contacted the timing individuals at the race. I was assured that the problems would be rectified that  afternoon. It is now Tuesday evening, the results have still not been rectified. All we ask is that the timing is done correctly. Some of us are interested in our times and placements within our categories. Perhaps I have developed a bad case of dyslexia that I am now unable to fill out online entries correctly, old age perhaps, never happened with any other series. On a positive note the Sabie was a thoroughly enjoyable race, well done to the organisers.

In the club newsletter, Brett Coates, the event organiser wrote today...  Quote  "As some of you may be aware the results are a bit of a mess... "