Tzaneen Tour

realityevent

Is it not a sad day when things like this happen in a sport we all love.

No wonder organisers do not want to organise events anymore and cyclists do not want to do events.

How do we get our 270.00 rand back as promised,i paid 1200.00,am wanting my refund

ClapClap

I think if I said "I TOLD YOU SO!!" you'd be smiling right about now!!

remember all the things we said about this tour a cpl of weeks ago. "organization, prizegiving, etc...etc.....etc....."Thumbs%20Down

ClapClap

I think if I said "I TOLD YOU SO!!" you'd be smiling right about now!!

remember all the things we said about this tour a cpl of weeks ago. "organization' date=' prizegiving, etc...etc.....etc....."Thumbs%20Down
[/quote']

ClapClapClapClapClapClap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK Dudes! I get the message.

I appolagise for some of the ststements I made. Yesterday I was p-off, after putting in the effort we did and fighting the TTT rep, the local Municipality , the previous organisers, a partnership break-up and, and. I flipped when I heard the come back on the tour.

Last night I was planing on never hosting a race again. But I did recieve some positives and will host some more.

I will however be changing my Modas operandi a bit, before I plan an event I want to meet as many of you guys as I can, and then you help with the starting stages of the planing.

As for refunds.....will be done before Friday, I promise , we have had problems with our internet banking. Do bank transfers tomor.

Prize money- was paid. Maybe not 5 grand but we paid what we could. 880 0n road and 500 on MTB per Cat.

Damn, I leave the office for a day and my inbox gets spammed with updates from a thread like this...

At the risk of "ryging derms uit":

...I?m sorry EduardoBianchi' date=' you unfortunately do not speak for the wider cycling community in this regard, as everyone that I have spoken to about the Tzaneen Tour felt pretty much that the cost was excessive and that the Tzaneen Tour would not get the necessary numbers together at that price to make it viable, otherwise there would have been in excess of 200 riders... 

[/quote']

Let me rephrase it then:

EdoardoBianchi speaks for himself when he says: Thanks to individuals or groups who take the effort to arrange races/events that I myself do not have the energy or inclination to arrange but am happy to participate in (when finances and logistical considerations allow). I have an even greater appreciation when the organisers makes little or no money out of the event (not that I understand the motive).

I agree with the critique raised (costs most notably, hence my own adsence), but respect the organisers for pushing ahead to give those that were willing to participate at the asking price a safe event in a beautiful part of the country.

And that is all I have to say about that.

Prize money- was paid. Maybe not 5 grand but we paid what we could. 880 0n road and 500 on MTB per Cat.

Who did you pay prize money too, 'cause we sure as sh*t have not recieved any. 1st and 2nd overall plus 2 stages.

Please let me know whose account you deposited this money into.

Not so easy ,mine is money given and a small refund promised ,not prize money,there is a differance.after all im a spoilt roadie???????

Gary

This will be the absolute last time I dwell on this. Retief and Awie the race officials decided on who must get prize money. No second places were paid out. The first place in each cat overall got prizes. If you think that was you then phone me tomor on 0760816620 & we can sort it out

Chucky

Sorry about the refund, thats my fault. I had a few things I had to sortout at the bank and did not. All refunds WILL be in by Friday- tomorrow before end of businesssmiley5.gif