When you might have too many bikes

Daft Vader

Guest Big H

Search under the Hub na "cruxpearl", "cannondale" , or "commondale" Cruxpearl used to be a Hubber and is the ex owner of TCS (team Computer Smith) His collection of bike, most of them Cannondales blows the mind. Many of them were painted in TCS colours.

I think Cruxie may still be lurking on the Hub under a new handle ...... same with many of the TCS members.

Every proper cyclist should have the following:

1 x road bike on an IDT' date=' chromoly steel.

1 x road bike for training (your old racing bike)

1 x road bike for racing

1 x MTB hard tail (unless you've sold it for the DS)

1 x MTB DS for training

1 x MTB DS for racing.

That makes 6 bikes.

Repeat for each member of the family.
[/quote']

there is never an excuse for owning more than 1 road bike, all you can do is ride.
MTB on the other hand needs a bike for every occasion, such as;
- Trials
- DJ
- DH
- Trail 4/5"
- DS for XC if you have to, but the trail bike will work fine.

Now thats a list to dream of

Thats alot of upkeep.
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">

Yep, I'm a bit thin on the off-road stuff. And Peach, its actually less upkeep, because you spread the use, ear and tear between your bikes. My race bike Chorus 11 would wear a lot quicker if I used it on my IDT and for training. When it eventually wears out, I will transfer it to my training bike, whose gruppo will go onto my IDT, ..... A lot cheaper in the long run.Big%20smile

The stem on the Cove is too long. it rides best with an 80mm stem and a 140mm fork :)

I was going to put a 50mm DH stem on it.  The long one prob won't last long anyway.  I also think it looks too goofy.

The stem on the Cove is too long. it rides best with an 80mm stem and a 140mm fork :)

I was going to put a 50mm DH stem on it.  The long one prob won't last long anyway.  I also think it looks too goofy.

If you decide to sell the white one before it breaks give me a shout, its the missing piece.

20100307_171204_FB22.jpg

For those who need to justify the number of bikes owned, remember the formula that the correct number to have is n + 1. "n" is the number of bikes currently owned...

Guest Big H

If you decide to sell the white one before it breaks give me a shout' date=' its the missing piece.
20100307_171204_FB22.jpg
[/quote']

Are those hydraulic rim brakes?

For those who need to justify the number of bikes owned' date=' remember the formula that the correct number to have is n + 1. "n" is the number of bikes currently owned...[/quote']

Sounds good to me Big%20smile

Big H - Yes, Magura, pretty much only seen on Trials bikes now days.

Peach2010-03-08 07:10:22

Golden rule, never ever to be forgotten....

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH COFFEE OR TOO MANY BIKES!!!!

and that goes for any kind of bike... my current collection = road bike (tcr), mtb (mongoose), street scrambler (honda nxr125), superbike (honda cbr 400), sports tourer (suzuki sv650)... yet i still dream of having an anthem or mongoose canaan, a 'zook drz, a honda cbr1000, a sucati monster, a 'zook bking, blah blah blah. there are 365 days in a year... ample time to ride!

bikes are like children, nice to have but expensive to maintain. This is what keeps me from having more..LOL