Rear Brake Vibrations

Mileage

I bought a Mongoose Tyax Super about 4 months ago and its been great riding up until the last few rides.

When I use the rear brakes theres a serious vibration that goes through the whole frame and a very loud noise. Its a bit disconcerting going downhill!!

The bike was serviced by Northcliff Clycles about 80km ago and was perfect. Ive checked all the bolts and everything is tight. The rotor is also straight.

Any ideas??

Could be contamination on the pads/rotors, the spokes could also be undertensioned a bit, if the caliper is not straight then the pads will hit the rotor at different angles thus causing a vibration. the pads could also be moving slightly in the caliper, try putting a very small touch of copper slip on the back of the pads.

Mine did the same on a new rotor and disk pads, took the bike to CWC and they cleaned the rotor for me. Noise and vibration gone.

Must say it's not nice going downhill with brakes squealing like nails on a black board. Confused

Guest Big H
Clean the rotor with fine sandpaper.

Verrry dangerous advice this..... be more specific, grade of sandpaper, amount of sanding etc.

Verrry dangerous advice this..... be more specific' date=' grade of sandpaper, amount of sanding etc.
[/quote']

I said clean, not heavy duty milling. By fine paper, I mean 600-1200 grit.

Guest Big H

Verrry dangerous advice this..... be more specific' date=' grade of sandpaper, amount of sanding etc.
[/quote']

I said clean, not heavy duty milling. By fine paper, I mean 600-1200 grit.

Thanx for being more specific....... not all Hubbers has your superior knowledge. I may have saved you from verrrry big claim form the mountainbiker now in a wheelchair becuase his paer thin disks collapsed on a downhill because he thought "fine" sandpaper was the roll of 60 grit sandpaper he had in his garage when he stripped paint in his house previously!!!!!!!

It would take a huge amount of sanding to make a disc paper thin...even with 80 grit its enough to score the disc enough to benefit...