How may people did Sub3 Argus this year?

sharkysa

When it was 108km what was different about the route?
I have only ridden the 109 and 110.

I am not sure? Might be that the finish moved slightly or something like that.

Apparently, over the years, out of a total of 165 000 individual Argus entries, 7900 have done one or more sub 3 hour finishes.

For 2011, the big question will be: 1.) will it still go over Boy's Drive; and 2.) if the Falsebay road construction gets stuck between KBay and FishH - what road can be taken? Very small chance of another De-tour?!? Hope not.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When it was 108km what was different about the route? I have only ridden the 109 and 110.

?

<FONT size=2 face="Verdana' date=' Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am not sure? Might be that the finish moved slightly or something like that.

<FONT size=2 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">?

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" =Msonormal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ansi-: EN" lang=EN>Apparently, over the years, out of a total of 165 000 individual Argus entries, 7900 have done one or more sub 3 hour finishes.

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" =Msonormal>?

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" =Msonormal>For 2011, the big question will be: 1.) will it still go over Boy's Drive; and 2.) if the Falsebay road construction gets stuck between KBay and FishH - what road can be taken? Very small chance of another De-tour?!? Hope not. </SPAN>

[/quote']

mmmm.... That will really suck.

Well if the route is the same as last year and if I wake up and there is any SE blowing. Then I am going to have another "booze cruise"

But what if they do work on the false bay road though?

That is going to cause havoc.

I mean at the rate that they repair roads here, they may as well change the argus to go down the new westcoast IRT lanes down to melkbos and return over our new M5 flyway smiley36.gif

But really now. If they end up working on the road closer to fish hoek.

Think of the route they might have us on then.

M3, Steep OuKaap, Fish hoek or over black hill and then onto the the rest of the race.

That will be hectic.

I will rather have boys drive anyday then.

When it was 108km what was different about the route? I have only ridden the 109 and 110.

<FONT size=2 face="Verdana' date=' Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am not sure? Might be that the finish moved slightly or something like that.

<FONT size=2 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"> 

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" =Msonormal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ansi-: EN" lang=EN>Apparently, over the years, out of a total of 165 000 individual Argus entries, 7900 have done one or more sub 3 hour finishes.

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" =Msonormal> 

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" =Msonormal>For 2011, the big question will be: 1.) will it still go over Boy's Drive; and 2.) if the Falsebay road construction gets stuck between KBay and FishH - what road can be taken? Very small chance of another De-tour?!? Hope not. </SPAN>

[/quote']

mmmm.... That will really suck.
Well if the route is the same as last year and if I wake up and there is any SE blowing. Then I am going to have another "booze cruise"

But what if they do work on the false bay road though?
That is going to cause havoc.
I mean at the rate that they repair roads here, they may as well change the argus to go down the new westcoast IRT lanes down to melkbos and return over our new M5 flyway smiley36.gif

But really now. If they end up working on the road closer to fish hoek.
Think of the route they might have us on then.
M3, Steep OuKaap, Fish hoek or over black hill and then onto the the rest of the race.
That will be hectic.
I will rather have boys drive anyday then.

Why did you even have to suggest that! Dead Couldn't imagine anything worse... The problem is, it sounds so realistic and seriously possible for next year (at the rate they're fixing the main road, it's more likely to be in 2012 though!)

Yeah! Booze cruise here we come

Maybe we should congregate at a restaurant then and make the best of it!

Sorry Shaun231 - they spoke about it on CapeTalk. The road Engineer said that they are way behind schedule and they are worried about how the people living south of FishH can travel to work etc. The interviewer then mentioned - what abohut the Argus 2011? I am sure they will work something out.

Yeah! Booze cruise here we come

Maybe we should congregate at a restaurant then and make the best of it!

Breakfast - here. Brunch - there. Lunch - overthere and pudding in Campsbay.... With cokes and messages inbetween. Now you started something! If the SE is going crazy in 2011 - we must do this next year!

Yeah! Booze cruise here we come Maybe we should congregate at a restaurant then and make the best of it!

?

Breakfast - here. Brunch - there. Lunch - overthere and pudding in Campsbay.... With cokes and messages inbetween. Now you started something! If the SE is going crazy in 2011 - we must do this next year!

Im getting hungry already.

Im hoping that the wind is going to pump now.

haha

Okay, latest and last update:

Sub 3's Argus finishers: <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

2010 -   138 (?)   (very windy, boy's drive, 110km)

2009 -   111   (storm, boy's drive, 110km)

2008 - 1781  (no boy's drive) very good weather 109km

2007 - 1340(+-)  (no boy's drive) perfect weather 109km

2006 -   815   (no boy's drive) cool weather 108km

2005 -   237   (very windy) 108km

2004 -   936   (good weather) 108km

2003 -   810(+-)  (De-tour, very good weather) 109km

2002 -   315(+-)  (De-tour, part of the Argus was stopped, HOT 42C) 109km

2001 -   460(+-) (De-tour) 109km

2000 -   384   (first De-tour ? 109km)

1999 - 1225   (105km, Maiden Cove finish, Chappies)

1998 -   323   (105km, Maiden Cove finish, Chappies)

1997 -   449   (105km, Maiden Cove finish, Chappies)

1996 -   487   (105km, Maiden Cove finish, Chappies)

1995 ? 1654   perfect weather, (105km, Maiden Cove finish, Chappies)

1994 ? 1414   good weather (20 000 entries, 105km, Maiden Cove finish)

1993 - 1051   good weather, (4 seeding races were used, 105km, Maiden C.)

Take or leave a few...

Apparently, out of a total of 165 000 individual Argus entries, 7900 have done one or more sub 3 hour finishes.

Hey Woofie. You've got the right idea for argus. We've got tons of races throughout the year to try and do well in. Something like the Argus should really be enjoyed. I was having fun until Simon's Town when i was stuck at the back of the group and lost the leaders up Smits. Chasing them for the next 20km was completely futile and i just tired myself out unnecessarily.

Hey Woofie. You've got the right idea for argus. We've got tons of races throughout the year to try and do well in. Something like the Argus should really be enjoyed. I was having fun until Simon's Town when i was stuck at the back of the group and lost the leaders up Smits. Chasing them for the next 20km was completely futile and i just tired myself out unnecessarily.

Yep. Already decided that if it is boys and bad wind next year, then I am going to do a booze cruise from the beginning.

Pity that I only decided in simonstown to drop off. It would have been so lekker to do it from before wineberg hill because there is such a lekker spirit from there already.

Looking forward to sunday, are you?

Bit nervous, never done a tight crit. But if anything it will be good for me.

Do you think we will even get a chance to drink on the ride? it is going to be a super hard 45 min.

Yeah i am. I haven't done a crit since Killarney. It really does get tough. The one session we did an hour plus 1 lap at 39.6km/h with a gale force SE. Average heart rate 183. I don't think it'll be that hard though because its a mixed group. And yes you do get time to drink

Wanted t otake the two kids on the two tandems this year, but my daughter was not old enough, so in 2011 we will be doing a family ride with two mixed tandems.....