mixing shimano and campag

stewie911

Is it possible to use a 10sp shimano casette with a 10sp campag groupset.

I'm looking for wheels and can get shimano wheels.

You can mix and match any of the 10speed brands, the spacings are all the same. You can use a shimano chain on a campag cassette and visa versa. the only thing that does not work is a shimano cassette on a campag cassette body and visa versa. the rest all work together.

You can mix and match any of the 10speed brands' date=' the spacings are all the same. You can use a shimano chain on a campag cassette and visa versa. the only thing that does not work is a shimano cassette on a campag cassette body and visa versa. the rest all work together.[/quote']

Thank goodness , All the shops in JHb says it`s not possible.... And here i thought i was the only one riding like that...

Just do it stewie.... i ride with a guy who has a mix match like you cant believe..... and probably the quietist shifting in our bunch!!!! and don't worry the ridicule.... if anyone chirps,, put them in the gutter!!!

The spacing is not 100% the same. But you can use it like that. It wont shift like it should, but it never bothered me.

I already do it on my mtb.

SRAM all the way with xt casette.

The shimano casette is only for training as the roads in centurion are killing my nice campag wheels.

Don't mind wasting some shimano wheels :)

just out of interest.... does the mavic neatral car at the tour carry campy and shimano rear wheels?? or now days just 10sp and 11sp wheels??

Sram??

Does the guy in the car just konw when he sees for needs a change, and grab the relevant wheel from his rack??