Have at it roadies

ChrisH

Ag shame poor guy must have a problem with life smiley12.gif

Have you guys seen his FB profile pic? I would too have a problem with life.
Not sure if he is Cape Town's favorite son? can think favorite something else... smiley36.gif

No no Cape Town's favourite son is that other idiot that loves cyclists that wear their helmets in coffee shops.

Damn - what is his name again...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ag shame poor guy must have a problem with life smiley12.gif

Have you guys seen his FB profile pic? I would too have a problem with life.
Not sure if he is Cape Town's favorite son? can think favorite something else... smiley36.gif

No no Cape Town's favourite son is that other idiot that loves cyclists that wear their helmets in coffee shops.

Damn - what is his name again...

Seth! Seth Rotherham - thats the guy.

Hi everyone,

I can assure you that Seth Rotherham is not Cape Town's Favourite Son.

Shaun Oakes is.

I can also assure you that despite what my FB profile pic may tell you, I am indeed awesome.

Furthermore, I leaned back on my pedestal today and thought long and hard, and have decided to accept the challenge and go cycling this week. I will of course use this opportunity to debunk the myth that cycling is a difficult sport to master.

That is all.

Shaun Oakes

Morpheus CLASSIC!! This guy is trying to be a "Two oceans vibe" clearly trying but has no style or life.

LOLoh wow it speaks!!!!

Please take a pic and let us see the proof that you did do it!!

How far (this will be km and not meters)

your average speed

will you be riding a road bike or a MTB?

Oh and when and were I do have a code 14 licence.....Wink

Hi everyone' date='

Shaun Oakes is.

I can also assure you that despite what my FB profile pic may tell you, I am indeed awesome.

Furthermore, I leaned back on my pedestal today and thought long and hard, and have decided to accept the challenge and go cycling this week. I will of course use this opportunity to debunk the myth that cycling is a difficult sport to master.

That is all.

Shaun Oakes

[/quote']

oh this is just hysterical! plse post us your pic! and a pic of your calf muscles!LOLLOLLOL

HELP ME HELP ME, I AM A STUCK SHEEP !!!!!

"

As a professional sport I don?t respect it because it?s something you can easily and effectively do whist sitting down, so how hard can that really be? It?s a bit like sitting on your couch playing Tekken 6, and claiming to be an elite athlete. The Tour De France is arguably the dullest television spectacle ever conceived, and is something I will forever hold against the French.

When it comes to cycling, there is no real skill involved, you pretty much just sit on your seat, and then pedal like crazy. It all comes down to your level of fitness and how defined your calf muscles are. I?m pretty sure there are many silicon-boobed Constantia moms at the Virgin Active spinning class who could probably win the Pick n Pay Argus Cycle Tour or even the Tour De France, given half the chance. "

What a chop !

Hi everyone' date=' I can assure you that Seth Rotherham is not Cape Town's Favourite Son. Shaun Oakes is. I can also assure you that despite what my FB profile pic may tell you, I am indeed awesome.Furthermore, I leaned back on my pedestal today and thought long and hard, and have decided to accept the challenge and go cycling this week. I will of course use this opportunity to debunk the myth that cycling is a difficult sport to master.That is all. Shaun Oakes

[/quote']oh this is just hysterical! plse post us your pic! and a pic of your calf muscles!LOLLOLLOL

Haha, calf muscles..... rather the lack of them.

Shaun Oakes, If you want to work your upper leg more than your calf, then move your cleat further back on your shoes. smiley2.gif

Oh, sorry I forgot. That wont apply to you. Awesome people only wear flip flops when they cycle.

But with all of that said, If you are indeed going to try to cycle to prove how easy it is. Then good for you.

Also, why dont you grace us with your awesomeness at the road race that we are having on the 10th of april?

It is a 98km race with only one real hill.

The pros should do it in a nice 2.5 hours or so.

If YOU can finish it UNDER 4 hours and debunk the cycling is hard myth then I will pay for your race entry and timing chip, hey, I will even throw in a 6 pack as well for your good effort.

here is the info mr. awesome.

Malmesbury Rotary Funride     

Website Address

www.malmesburyrotary.co.za

ROUTE DESCRIPTION

Road

The route take cyclists out on the R311 towards Riebeeck Kasteel, turning right onto the R46 towards Malmesbury over the Botmas Kloof pass . Cyclists then turn left on the R45 to Wellington , left again at lady Loch. Then left on the R44 towards Hermon returning on a circle route back to Pulpit rock Winery (Riebeeck West). This is a very scenic route with a couple of challenges including a 3 km climb over Botmaskloof Pass. The 30 km route will be confirmed.

MTB

The 50 km route comprises of moderate climbs, single tracks, jeep tracks and farm roads in the direction of Kasteelberg. Riders can expect a challenging route, which should be attempted by fit riders. The routs offer scenic views of the Riebeeck Valley and the Swartland farmlands. Ensure that you have slime/tyre liners and enough spares with you.

DIRECTIONS TO VENUE

From Malmesbury, follow the R45 towards Paarl and Wellington. Turn left 5km from Malmesbury Towards Ceres/ Hermon/ Riebeeck Kasteel on the R46. Turn Left on the R311 and pass Riebeeck Kasteel and Riebeeck West- venue 2 km past Riebeeck West on the R311 towards Moorreesburg.

Easy Entry Tickets accepted.

NOTES

With no road closure, cyclists must stay left of the median, and obey traffic signs, officials and marshals at all times. Children u/10 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.Easy Entry Tickets accepted.

Date:     Sat, 10 Apr 2010

Add to Outlook:     Click Here

Organiser:     Rotary Club of Malmesbury -

Contact No:     +27 (0)22 4823473

Routes:

98 km     @ 07:15 AM

Well I think that this thread conclusively proves how humourless and up their own arses most roadies are.

Before you know it we wont be allowed to tell sexist and religious jokes here.

Don't assume eveyryone is a "roadie" .... I think there is only one person here with his head where the sun don't shine....

I think some of the comments have been very humerous...

All I can say is for someone who has never cycled on the road or offroad to make comments like these "

"As a professional sport I don?t respect it because it?s something you can easily and effectively do whist sitting down, so how hard can that really be? It?s a bit like sitting on your couch playing Tekken 6, and claiming to be an elite athlete. The Tour De France is arguably the dullest television spectacle ever conceived, and is something I will forever hold against the French.

When it comes to cycling, there is no real skill involved, you pretty much just sit on your seat, and then pedal like crazy. It all comes down to your level of fitness and how defined your calf muscles are. I?m pretty sure there are many silicon-boobed Constantia moms at the Virgin Active spinning class who could probably win the Pick n Pay Argus Cycle Tour or even the Tour De France, given half the chance. "

Can only be a chop ! -

Hi everyone' date='

Shaun Oakes is.

That is all.

Shaun Oakes
[/quote']

I would just like to butt in here and confirm for all that were unsure, that Shaun Oakes is indeed

AWESOME

that is all