Tubless tyre conversion advice

Braai Vleis

Hey Guys

I have a Merida 96 3000D, I want to upgrade to tubless tyres but have the following questions.

1) My LBS said that the DT Swiss rims are tubless ready - so just need convert etc, but, a guy at another bike shop said that the rims are not tubeless ready and that I need to buy new rims. The rims are DT Swiss X445 Disc. What do I do

2) If I convert which are the best tyres to use? Im currently using Schwalbe Rocket Rons

Thanks

You never have to buy new rims. A tubeless ready rim is just a rim with some tape that covers the spoke holes. Any rim is thus tubeless ready - give or take a piece of tape.

We've discussed these things here often. Search for Ghetto Tubeless Conversion (or such, using Ghetto) and you'll find all the answers.

Oh yes, and you have to be VERY VERY strong to get a Maxxiss UST tyre on a DT Swiss rim. You also need some motorbike tyre levers. Just go with standard tyres (in other words, non-tubeless), some gorilla snot and the rim valves and tape.

An of course, a compressor.

Sorry for the high jack but it is relevant ;:

Johan can you explain how the ERTO dimension of rim/tyre would influence the fit on the rim and what ERTO means ?

Can someone please tell me wot this is on a tire (53-559)

wot number tells me if its a hi or low volume tire?