Western Cape MTB: New website

Cassie

All MTBers in WC...

please go and register (for free) on this website...

it looks quite a comprehensive site, listing all MTB events in the W-Cape region.

I've been looking for one site that lists ALL events (PPA and non PPPA stuff)...this seems like it?

Let me know what you think...

Wink Our aim is to bring you one website with all info re events in the Western Cape!

If you know of an event that isn't listed here, please please send us the info and we will get it up there!

registered ...

is the a place where one can find out a bit more re this weekend's XC race in Helderberg. ie -- map/route etc. I would love to visit this event!

Due to the fact that we haven't had a full XCO series in three years, except for a few elite riders, we do not have riders to send to Nationals!!

That means you have nothing to loose but everything to gain by competing in Sunday's race. We are even giving you the chance to compete with only a Cyclo Sport License for this series.

Here are the categories that you can compete in:

Sprogs

Nippers

Jnr Men

Youth Men

Sub Jnr Boys

Sub Jnr Girls

Jnr Girls

Youth Girls

Elite Women

U23 Women

Elite Men

U23 Men

Vet + Sub Vet Men

Vet + Sub Vet Ladies

Master Men

Grand Master Men

In order for any rider to qualify for Provincial colours you need to do both the 1st and the 2nd XCO event in the series!!! The first one coming up this weekend!

Fun Ride

There will also be a chance for those not wishing to do the league race to do the same track in form of fun ride and if you think you're not fit enough, please come and support our riders! We will make sure there is enough to eat and drink so bring the family and come cheer for our provincial riders, they need our support. All info available on the Western Cape MTB website.

Please come and support your province!!

Come and race on this exhilarating track at the latest MTB destination in the Helderberg or just do the funride!!

Training rides start: Saturday 8th May at 14h00

Fun ride starts: 8:30am

Start times: click link

Farm access: R20 per day payable at the gate (trail fee)

Lap distance: 6.5km with 180m climb per lap

Fun ride: ride for 2 hours

Venue: Helderberg Farm (directions)

Entry fee: R120 Racing R100 Sprogs, Sub Juniors and Youth R80 Fun ride

Enter online: Roag: open 12th April and closes 7th May 12pm

Registration: Helderberg Cycle World 8th May 9am till 12pm or @ Helderberg Farm 8th May 14pm till 16pm

More info: www.helderbergcycleworld.co.za or contact Petie Viljoen: 082 3233 502

This event is one of the two qualifying events for Provincial colours!! You need to do both! smiley19.gif smiley19.gif smiley19.gif

Guest coenie

Nice idea. But I find the website very busy and confusing.....The calendar with the popups is not easy on the eye and I do not think that you need a start and end date.

One big thing is the date format...in South Africa we are all use to DD/MM/yyyy and this site uses USA date.....