Rocket Ron vs Aspens

stewie911

Does anyone have any experience between the two?

Will mainly be used for Gauteng conditions. Both non-UST lightweight tyres.

Got Rocket Rons on my Zula Thumbs%20Up with Stans sauce and alpine rims.

No complaints they seem to have a bit more bite than racing raplhs.

Have not had much chance to try them in real dry hardpack conditions yet Cry.... and never used aspens b4.

No RR experience bu Apens are really nice. Especially now when it is dry. You run them at quite a bit lower pressure then other tyres aswell. I dropped about .5 bar compared to Conti Mountain Kings for the same size.

I ran 22psi rear and 20 psi front at the nissan today on the 2.1 model aspen, very nice ! Would go lower still for XCO events.  The corner grip is great only my skill that is limiting, braking is also excellent. 

RR has is around 50g lighter claimed and thinner sidewall, so sealing can be tricky.  Had no issues sealing the aspen.  The aspen is also cheap, like R300 ish where the Evo RR is probly over R500 ?

But Ive not Ridden a RR, so cant comment there

Does anyone have any experience between the two?

Will mainly be used for Gauteng conditions. Both non-UST lightweight tyres.

I am a "middle of the pack" rider and had limited confidence with the Rocket Ron's that came with the bike. I can't imagine how they will be at race speed. The RR with <200km is now hanging in the garage as I have switched to Maxxis Crossmark LUST and now have much more confidence in the grip, even in the wet parts. I used to run the RR at 3bar and now the tubeless at 2 bar, maybe that is the huge diff.Question