"Friendly kids"

wicker

SWAT pepperspray. Need to get some as well. Had problems with a neighbour while running on Thursday. I didn't want to take him on in front of his gate out because he probably would have put his dog on me. Will peppersray take care of dogs(a boxer in this case)?

Hmm, I dont think pepperspray will worry a big boxer dog.

I have two Boxers and one I have had "Attack trained" now that dosnt mean it attacks everybody, its actually very friendly with most people, it just means it responds aggressively to a certain sound or word, but then no pepperspray is going to deter it, believe me, at training I have seen him pull a dummy limb from limb while the instructor sprayed him with a high pressure water hose full in the face - didnt do a thing.

The thing with boxers is they stand up on their hind legs and go for the face unlike normal dogs who stay on all fours - hense the word boxer, but uh-uh I wouldnt trust a small pepperspray against a 40 kg Boxer in attack mode.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Hmm, I dont think pepperspray will worry a big boxer dog.

I have two Boxers and one I have had "Attack trained" now that dosnt mean it attacks everybody, its actually very friendly with most people, it just means it responds aggressively to a certain sound or word, but then no pepperspray is going to deter it, believe me, at training I have seen him pull a dummy limb from limb while the instructor sprayed him with a high pressure water hose full in the face - didnt do a thing.

The thing with boxers is they stand up on their hind legs and go for the face unlike normal dogs who stay on all fours - hense the word boxer, but uh-uh I wouldnt trust a small pepperspray against a 40 kg Boxer in attack mode.

Now thats a fight I would like to see who wins( I say see, but I mean imagine), a boxer vs rhodesian ridgeback.:unsure:

even if the buggers dont pull you off I am always worried about what I might land up with on my hands eeeugh!

I woulda stopped and taught the little bugger a lesson he'd not soon forget.

Now thats a fight I would like to see who wins( I say see, but I mean imagine), a boxer vs rhodesian ridgeback.:unsure:

knowing both these breeds my money would have to go to the ridgie IF it gets first bite in or if the boxer leets go for a split second. if the boxer gets first grasp and does the standard lock-jaw throttle i think the ridgie would be in trouble. i've only ever seen the two breeds in friendly interaction though :thumbup:

(i have ridgie x lab and my folks have boxer)

gotta admit that pepper spray will most prolly work on a ridgie if used in congunction with a tazer (we suspect that was what was done to my poor poochies when i was burgalled - Sasha (the ridgie x) had been sprayed so much that when i got home 6 hours later and found the chaos you could still smell it on her fur and both her and dayan (the lab x rottie) freak at the slightest electric spark sound)

hmmm - there's an idea - get a cattle prodder - the low-voltage but long reach one.

Yeah, but I was thinking more in terms of dog v human, nothing like 40 kg of snarling frothing boxer teeth 2cm from your nose to get you hussling out of there.! :)

Look I think a Ridgeback is a bit of a bigger dog so size and weight may play to his advantage, but like Slowpoke says if the boxer gets a grip on his throat, face or neck and starts head shaking like they do, I think its tickets for the ridgeback, honestly I think so.

Yeah, but I was thinking more in terms of dog v human, nothing like 40 kg of snarling frothing boxer teeth 2cm from your nose to get you hussling out of there.! :)

Look I think a Ridgeback is a bit of a bigger dog so size and weight may play to his advantage, but like Slowpoke says if the boxer gets a grip on his throat, face or neck and starts head shaking like they do, I think its tickets for the ridgeback, honestly I think so.

I was jusy purely wondering, as Ive always had Ridgebacks. They were Lion killing dogs, both dogs fight off their hinde legs in a kind of "boxer stance" and the way you desrcibed the boxer fighting set off a random thought in my head.

Such a high jack, Sorry.