Reba SL 2010 setup.

The Smoovf

Not sure if this has been discussed before.

What would be the best setup for this fork as i can't seem to find anything good on the web for this.

I am round about the 95kg at present and it is the 100mm Reba SL.

Please help.

Look on the back of the shock legs and you will see recomended pressures and then just play arround from there,best is take it to a good lbs and let them help you.

What I have found, is that my sid (similar system to the reba) loses some pressure when disconecting the pump from the - chamber.  So I was inflating to 60psi, disconnecting and it goes to 50psi, which screws up the system, so lookout for that. 

The basic idea is that the + pressure determines sag, so start with the stated pressure on the fork and go from there, they can be a bit hard for most people.  The go to the - pressure and inflate that equal to or max 15psi more than the + chamber. The more that is the more small bump response there is. 

That is what the manual says anyway, I had issues with the fork staying compressed if the - was more than the + but now that I know the - was losing air I'l need to recheck that...

If its dual air:

Take your total weight (kit, backpack, shoes etc) And add that as your positive pressure. Check your sag. Now add 10psi less or more in the negative depending on your riding style. The minimum pressure rock shox will handle is 60psi. The pssst you hear when unscrewing the pump is the air in the pipe.

Go ride with your pump and play around on the trail. Also if its a new shock you need to ride it in for a bit.

I played around with my sid again tonight, does not extend properly under 80psi in the postive, which is the minimum pressure they put on the fork as I understand it ? If I pump it less it does not extend fully when I compress it.

If negative is more than postive it also does this, you can see it compressing as the pressure goes up.  If I let air out the neg then it goes to normal at around 50-60psi. 

Got it at 80/80 now and it only stays a milimeter so compressed which is ok, but something seems to be amiss here. Any ideas whats wrong ? Maybe my pump is showing weird pressures ?

I have a Reba race that is convertable between 80-100 of travell,how do i know what its on,as i want to run 100mm?

The user manual might have something in it for you

http://www.sram.com/_media/techdocs/95-4015-023-000%20Suspension%20Fork%20-%20Rev%20C.pdf

I have a Reba race that is convertable between 80-100 of travell' date='how do i know what its on,as i want to run 100mm?[/quote']

You have to send it to a fork person (JB or agents) and have a spacer removed. I had mine changed from 100 to 120.