Bikes stolen

Buffwhack

Same thing happened to me, just the hybrid thank heavens. They also took the front skewer for the Le Turbo for some reason, maybe they're building up a bike at home. Now I keep the bikes chained up together ... in the house. I'm also not insured - but then, most bikes cost less than a year's premiums so I don't see the point of it. Hope you find l-e-k-k-e-r replacements that make you even happier than the old bikes.

I have my bike insured for all risks 20k and it costs me a whole R85 pm, its worth it Turbo.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my bike insured for all risks 20k and it costs me a whole R85 pm, its worth it Turbo.

if i may ask who is your insurer? cause i'm in the "market"

I don't want to come across as cynical. I just genuinely want to know how many bikes get recovered like this?

Saw another suspected stolen bike this morning, Guy was riding in pretty decent jeans and a top with a new looking backpack, riding a scott roadster s series, (not the most expensive bike) but i notice he is wearing white sneakers and has clipless pedal on the bike, so i asked him who's bike it was and he then promptly informed me it is his brothers bike that lives in a location in kraaifontein.

I then told him i dont beleive him and wanted to get the serial of the bike, but there was some cable runner over the serial so couldnt get it. I then told the guy to pose with the bike because i want to take a photo for the police, he stood still, probably scared that i was going to beat the crap out of him but kept turning his face away from the camera.

I then phoned the cops who first said they wont send someone out unless i can prove that its a stolen bike. A lot of help these guys are. Lets face it once your bike is stolen it turns into a affirmative shopper's comuting bike and you can't do squat about it. except beat the guy up and then go to court for assult.

Makes me laugh that they havent tried to put normal pedals on :lol: Unless his brother has clip in shoes?(which i very much doubt)

Makes me laugh that they havent tried to put normal pedals on :lol: Unless his brother has clip in shoes?(which i very much doubt)

Its about a 12km ride from kraaifontein location to the spar in bfell, with no clips. :huh:

Its about a 12km ride from kraaifontein location to the spar in bfell, with no clips. :huh:

Eish, was thinking that some parts dont look right on the frame, although I think thats how they come. Nice work though