Is Stans / Joes really that good?

CJVDM

not saying this is the problem but...

remember to shake the bottle well before putting in the stans and hold it upside down with you finger over the outlet for a couple of seconds. there is little bits that need to go in for the stans to work properly, it usually settles at the bottom of the bottle, so dont just pour it in.

other then that... no idea why yours didnt work for a 2mm hole

Back to the original question....

Looking at the video (and listening to the sound of the air escaping from the tyre....me thinks thta tyre is inflated way way above normal cycling pressures and way more fluid in there...)

so, a bit of marketing gimick included...but Stans is still OK...definately NOT better than any other old liquid sealant...the principle for all of them is the same...

Contact Al for B.A.T - Big Al`s Tubeless - locally made and has great plugging power.

Contact him through the bicicletta website www.bicicletta.co.za

They have just started with the range - He will be able to help you.

Good price too

yea also heard good reports about this product for a 500 ml bottle only r120 at our LBS . the guy making it also stays here on the weskus !!! :) :) :)

Had good experince with stans and maxxis crossmarks.

My experince is that temperature and moisture play a role in sealing ability.

When its cold and wet, like currently in CPT, it battles to seal.

Nice dry hot weather in the karoo no problem.

Home mix is interestring, but how much do you honestly save ?

Sludge has different types, the more grit it has the better it will seal bigger holes, and works well.

How often do you check for sealant ?

I have had some badluck once, got a flat, cursed the sealant, only to find there was nothing left inside.

Bike stood still for 6 months, do not know where it went, but it was bone dry.

I now check before a big event, or obviously after you have had a hole and lost some.