Watch out!! Scammers!!!!

TypeR

Hi all you hubbers.. I recently got scammed out of R22 000!! Really irritated and feel like finding this guy and doing something drastic.. Anyway here's some pointers that i learnt ( you probably already know it but what the heck here it goes) ..

This whole thing about sending items once you received proof of payment, not safe, we rely on peoples honesty to much! My proof of payment was a act of fraud, only send your item once the money is in your account, one way to make sure is that if you have another account try move the money to it, if you can, you have the money and it is safe, then you should send.Even invite the guy your dealing with on facebook so you know how to get hold of him through his friends or what ever if if he vanishes with your stuff..

If you get a payment via cheque account don't be fooled, the money can still be bounced and pending could be in progress, make sure with the bank that the money is in..

As for you guys buying, good luck.. May honesty be on your side.

Frauds all around. Don't trust anyone

Hi all you hubbers.. I recently got scammed out of R22 000!! Really irritated and feel like finding this guy and doing something drastic.. Anyway here's some pointers that i learnt ( you probably already know it but what the heck here it goes) ..

This whole thing about sending items once you received proof of payment, not safe, we rely on peoples honesty to much! My proof of payment was a act of fraud, only send your item once the money is in your account, one way to make sure is that if you have another account try move the money to it, if you can, you have the money and it is safe, then you should send.Even invite the guy your dealing with on facebook so you know how to get hold of him through his friends or what ever if if he vanishes with your stuff..

If you get a payment via cheque account don't be fooled, the money can still be bounced and pending could be in progress, make sure with the bank that the money is in..

Hi was this guy a hubber? If so post his details at least then all of us know. whats his hubber namer contacts, area, etc, probably not gonna be his real info but better that info than nothing. Hope the guy dies when he spends 1 cent of your money ... or at least loose a finger

What details do you have for him?what did you sell him?

You never send the goods to a person untill cash shows in your acc.

Hope you can track him down.

His name isn't perhaps Ben Malgas?

Well with that sort of cash you should have waited (as you mentioned) until it reflected in yr account. Sorry for yr loss.

....name and shame the Hubber!! I assume you sold a bike on the Hub??

Catch 22, if i bought i would want the goods and check them before i pay in full. If i were selling i would want the money before releasing them. That leaves me either with buying from reputable online shops, LBS or only buying from people that i can trust.

Hi Hubbers

Im currenly working on an online escrow service which should provide surety in your online and offline transactions. This should take care of the catch22 situation which scotty highlighted.

Im currenly not 100% happy with one of the sub process. This sub process forms a critical part In FULLY automating the transaction which is controlled only by the buyer and seller and if intervention is required by me (the 3rd party overseeing the transaction) it would be requested either by the buyer, seller or both and only then would I get involved. Me as the 3rd party could be seen as setting up the transaction, drawing up the legal agreement between the buyer and seller and providing the platform for the transaction that would ensure that the buyer gets the product that they were promised and in the expected condition as well as that if the buyer is happy, the money will be released to the seller and eliminating goodwill from the transaction.

I unfortunately cannot divulge to much info as I plan to keep this as my project.

I guess your guys next questions is “how can we trust you?” All that I can say there is that Ive seen an opportunity that could be extremely successful in years to come and would not like to F’up such an opportunity. And if I am here to con you guys im sure after the 1st person I con the word would spread like a blazing fire, but never the less that’s not my intention. I guess you can ask yourself the questions how did PayPal and Money Bookers start who asked them “can we trust you”

One could view me as a Paypal or Money bookers with extra features/functions.

Please provide comment, critique, etc cause if there is a question I cannot answer it means I have to my homework and find the answer.

I posted a thread on the hub which I copied below please complete the survey and spread the word of the survey to your buddies

…………………………..

Hi All

Attached is a link to an Online Survey. The objective of the survey is to assess whether you would utilise and Online Escrow Service.

So what is Online Escrow?

It is a service provided via a website that allows a transaction to be processed providing surety within the transaction to both the Buyer and Seller at a minimal fee. It protects the Seller by verifying funds, and protects the Buyer by allowing inspection of the merchandise before payment.

Please complete as this might provide you surety in the near future when setting up deals on places such as the Hub. Below the link to the survey.

http://www.surveybob.com/surveybob/s/21fb7a93-3bdb-4cf5-b1e6-7a4f26da0e57.html

……………………

Regards

Yellow Jersey

Hi Hubbers

Im currenly working on an online escrow service which should provide surety in your online and offline transactions. This should take care of the catch22 situation which scotty highlighted.

Im currenly not 100% happy with one of the sub process. This sub process forms a critical part In FULLY automating the transaction which is controlled only by the buyer and seller and if intervention is required by me (the 3rd party overseeing the transaction) it would be requested either by the buyer, seller or both and only then would I get involved. Me as the 3rd party could be seen as setting up the transaction, drawing up the legal agreement between the buyer and seller and providing the platform for the transaction that would ensure that the buyer gets the product that they were promised and in the expected condition as well as that if the buyer is happy, the money will be released to the seller and eliminating goodwill from the transaction.

I unfortunately cannot divulge to much info as I plan to keep this as my project.

I guess your guys next questions is “how can we trust you?” All that I can say there is that Ive seen an opportunity that could be extremely successful in years to come and would not like to F’up such an opportunity. And if I am here to con you guys im sure after the 1st person I con the word would spread like a blazing fire, but never the less that’s not my intention. I guess you can ask yourself the questions how did PayPal and Money Bookers start who asked them “can we trust you”

One could view me as a Paypal or Money bookers with extra features/functions.

Please provide comment, critique, etc cause if there is a question I cannot answer it means I have to my homework and find the answer.

I posted a thread on the hub which I copied below please complete the survey and spread the word of the survey to your buddies

…………………………..

Hi All

Attached is a link to an Online Survey. The objective of the survey is to assess whether you would utilise and Online Escrow Service.

So what is Online Escrow?

It is a service provided via a website that allows a transaction to be processed providing surety within the transaction to both the Buyer and Seller at a minimal fee. It protects the Seller by verifying funds, and protects the Buyer by allowing inspection of the merchandise before payment.

Please complete as this might provide you surety in the near future when setting up deals on places such as the Hub. Below the link to the survey.

http://www.surveybob.com/surveybob/s/21fb7a93-3bdb-4cf5-b1e6-7a4f26da0e57.html

……………………

Regards

Yellow Jersey

[/quote

You really need to do your homework before you start a service such as this. I used to use Thirt.com(a local SA escrow service) who started in 2000 and had to shut down in 2008 because of the excessive credit card fraud. They had formed alliances with all the major banks and tried hard to provide a good service. Unfortunately the scammers of the world made it impossible for them to operate.

thanks for the heads up Velo, however if you think of Paypal as an example ...I will be a "Paypal" however with with the primary function of providing an escrow service. In the same way as to which Paypal uses cr cards that how i will use it. thanks though and other comments welcomed

I am not 100% sure of this but I believe you will have to a registered financial service provider with the FSB. I think you may find that you will be effectively applying for the equivalent of a banking license.

.........Velo think of it as you opening a paypal account going through a similar process to verify urself as a real person and checking ur cr card details etc.

once u have an account with me you will load funds into your account and link it to a transaction. remember the person you buying or selling to should also open an account and would also go through the same process of verification.

this should provide the 1st line of surety i.e. you are dealing with a real person

2ndly once u link your funds to the unique transaction you cannot simply withdraw you funds again and con the seller and similarly the seller will still not have access to the money (he can see it but not access it) until you saw the product and approved it.

HECTIC....nowadays nobody can afford to be scammed out of R22k.....eish :angry: ....all of the best!

I am not 100% sure of this but I believe you will have to a registered financial service provider with the FSB. I think you may find that you will be effectively applying for the equivalent of a banking license.

nope river rat...... checked that you dont have to be registered with the FSB.

lately Paypal is operating in SA they are not registered with the FSB or they are not considered a bank...i must admit though that they do operate thru FNB and might be piggy backing off them.

but as far as im aware it is not needed but i will revisit that question again in my homework. thanks