Is new Cycle Path from Tableview open???

Buell

Is the new cycle path heading out from Tableview finally finished? Where does it it start from? Unfortunetly do not get to travel Otto Du PLessis much since the dreaded road works have started.

I see the cycle path would travel from Tableview to the Padocks and then we would have to cross at that intersection.

Would be great to know if it is finished, as I would love to get back onto the bike and travel into work as traffic can be abit slow and congested on most mornings and evenings heading out and back into Tableview.

Not finished yet. :angry: They more intrested in planting flowers. :blink:

The section from padocks to woodbridge isle is almost done just the massive hole at the lights at paddocks but after that is done all the way down to the woodbridge section.

They working on it on and off :o

if u on a MTB u can ride on the path all the way down to the parden isle end safely.

It is in patches. Changes every day when they dig a new hole for a tree or plant or because they need to waste time. Busy putting up the wooden fence by the flea market and you have to hike a bike. Tarred nicely next to golf course but eventually you have to ride in the road which is very risky and the path has lamp posts not quite centered in the way. Gonna be interesting when its complete.

95% doable on a MTB with about 4 dismounts needed.

Thanks for the update, yea I was told that path is kind of narrow and in some places there are street poles in the middle of the path, but I should be greatful as it is better than having to dodge the racing drivers and the heavy duty trucks and far safer, and at least the cycling community has been added into the new transport system.

They did another 100 meters plus of tar yesterday and some more brick work. I think someone lit a fire under there lazy a$$3s

Its getting there. i see they have done a large section after woodbridge. Just need the section towards the flea market done now.

Anyone know if the cycle lane is going to follow the buslane through paarden isle or u just keep on otto into town? :mellow:

It was smooth but they messed it up for the weekend. More rutted than s stellies dirt road.

Yes it will foloow the bus route.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what they are doing past caltex there on plattekloof road?

I commute through there.

Terrible section to try to have to get through now.

Looks like they are adding another lane, but any plans for a cycle path?

Also what is the point of tarring another lane all the way up to the bridge, but without actually extending the bridge first?

Now that is going to take another year to get done......