Advice with MTB wheel/rim

Bike Lore

what is the difference between applying the force in the middle and holding the contact aria fixed or other way around? IMO it will be exactly the same except that the hub will move down where now the contact aria is moving up.

chancing the reference will not effect the result. example: if you are on a boat and you pull on a rope that tied to the shore do you pull the shore closer or do you pull your self closer to the shore... it all depends on how vain you are and where you put your reference. but the result is that the distance between you and the shore shrinks. well it depends if you are strong enough the counter the huge whirlpool that is sucking you in.. MWAHAHAHA DIE DIE DIE.

This correct and I am not disputing this, I was thinking more in line of the weight of the rider.(blonde moment)

Ultimately this won't affect the action of the force but could deliver very different results if instrumentation for testing purposes was to be used IMHO.

Personally I think that both sides of the argument has some merit and as stipulated in an earlier post is that it would be argued to death with no consensus .

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This correct and I am not disputing this, I was thinking more in line of the weight of the rider.(blonde moment)

Ultimately this won't affect the action of the force but could deliver very different results if instrumentation for testing purposes was to be used IMHO.

Personally I think that both sides of the argument has some merit and as stipulated in an earlier post is that it would be argued to death with no consensus .

it happens ;) and i agree about he last point as well.