Equinox carbon clinchers

fingers40

Thinking of buying a Equinox carbon clincher wheelset. Has anyone got experience (good, bad or indifferent) of them?

I had a pair but sold them before I could use them. Won it here on the Hub in a competition. The hubs were extremely smooth and they looked well build. The part I did not like that the braking surface was not on the edge of the rim like alu rims or the new carbon clinchers of today. So if you fit pads that works on both carbon and alu rims you will still have to move the pads everytime you change wheels. I don't know if they changed the design in 3 years.

I had a pair. Never had any issues in 2 years. Except a broken spoke. The issue with the rims that Moegoe mentioned is a little frustrating when you change wheels. But you'll find a way around it.

I know the guys at CMC used to sell them, but sent all their wheels back due to continuous problems. Leon (owner of CMC) had a pair on his Ridley, but took them off as well. That's all I've heard about them. The result was that I saved up a bit more and bought a set of Mavic SLR's :)

And me thinks going with the well known brands (Fulcrum, Mavic, Reynolds, Zipp etc etc) you are usually guaranteed of after sales service...