Tokai Forest Night Rides

david16v

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Point is that I'm not interested to ride with peeps that break the rules. If night riding at Tokai gets stopped because there are guys and girls that can't stick to the rules, I'll stand first in line to see them burning at the stake.

We can always discuss this around a braai. But I am better known for my Chillie Chicken Potjie. B)

I think you will be the only one standing at the stake! With your Chillie Chicken Potjie. ;)

Last ride we did there must have been over 50 people (+- 5 groups of 10 or more) riding @ night. Every single group had either come from the aerial or was riding in the direction of the Silvermine gate.

We came down @ about 20:45 and a group was just starting there ride.

You now are officially hijacking our post. Therefore if you aint gonna ride with us then dont comment about `chop of the month award`!! :angry:

I like my chops well done. See you dudes tomorrow night.

That's right kids, at night. After sunset in the forest, in the dark. Illegally. Riding our bikes. Like criminals. B)

I like my chops well done. See you dudes tomorrow night.

That's right kids, at night. After sunset in the forest, in the dark. Illegally. Riding our bikes. Like criminals. B)

Well said, LOL!!!!

Hey guys,

Ride provisionally canceled due to the weather.

Will update @ 16:00. If there is any change :blink:

Last night looked very good for a ride :(

So, for now, no riding in the dark, at night, in the forest, illegally, like criminals :P B)

Dammit. I even got myself a sweet balaclava to complement my illegal activities. :ph34r:

You spent money on a balaclava? I normally use a black stocking :lol:

Hey guys,

Ride provisionally canceled due to the weather.

Will update @ 16:00. If there is any change :blink:

Last night looked very good for a ride :(

So, for now, no riding in the dark, at night, in the forest, illegally, like criminals :P B)

Refer to Rule #1

No Poofters.

Will also decide a little later. With Oudtshoorn coming up I am not looking to get sick, especially from a fun training ride. Its really not worth it.

By the way, can we try and keep this topic filled with positive conversations rather than negative remarks... This topic is meant to discuss possible time / day changes and is also here to all the gather night riders together... I don't think this topic was started to raise anyone's blood pressure? :huh:

Refer to Rule #1

No Poofters.

http://api.ning.com/files/TAQisU8LBDTC4tC2heaDQOeZS-Rrz2YNGCp-ALFZ1sJzULMurkS8G5BTohOglWuUPCEePfSXGLMBkHkrH2gmH7CuAYuO65-A/arguingontheinternet.jpg

Will also decide a little later. With Oudtshoorn coming up I am not looking to get sick, especially from a fun training ride. Its really not worth it.

By the way, can we try and keep this topic filled with positive conversations rather than negative remarks... This topic is meant to discuss possible time / day changes and is also here to all the gather night riders together... I don't think this topic was started to raise anyone's blood pressure? :huh:

Not my intention to pick a fight either. Just wish that everyone would respect the rules. For all our sakes. Ignorance is bliss, but now that we know what the rules are, lets try and stick to them guys and gals. All it takes is one old fart to kick up a stink and we're out of Tokai at night.

Hi all

See enclosed code of conduct for riding at Tokai after hours. Normal rules apply ito access and routes, in addition to the night ride annex.

TOKAI PLANTATION – NIGHT RIDING.

Code of Conduct:

1. Night riding permitted on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights only.

2. Be in possession of a valid permit.

3. Sign the register upon entering the gate.

4. Minimum 3 riders per group.

5. Minimum 2 cell phones per group.

6. Each rider to have own light & helmet.

7. Post ride: Sign the register upon exiting the gate.

8. No entry after 20:00

9. All riders to vacate forest before 22:00

10. Parking in arboretum parking area at own risk.

In case of emergency:

1. For emergency access with a vehicle into the plantation, obtain gate keys from:

Chris Botes (082 411 3544) or Jeff Jacobs (083 3191 401)

2. For serious injuries requiring professional assistance you can contact either:

a. the TMNP emergency number at 0861 106 417

b. or any other emergency service of your choice

NB: Night riding is a privilege, granted on a basis of trust between the management of Tokai plantation and the mountain bike enthusiasts.

This privilege will be monitored on an ongoing basis.

Should problems arise and a solution between the two parties not reached, the night riding privilege will be revoked.

We appeal to all riders to contribute to the effective and responsible running of this activity.

Chris Botes

Senior Section Ranger: Tokai and Cecilia Plantations

Thanks for posting that.

Good to know that we havent been breaking any rules or laws as its says nothing about the mast or level 5 etc.

I have yet to see a register to sign though.

Thanks for posting that.

Good to know that we havent been breaking any rules or laws as its says nothing about the mast or level 5 etc.

I have yet to see a register to sign though.

I decided to ask Sanparks what the situation is and received a response within 24 hours. Problem with the Hub is that there are too many "facts" floating around.

Does all the riders in your group pay for permits / have Wildcards? Perhaps your ride orginiser can ensure that record is kept of who is on the ride and make sure that everyone pay for use of the trail. It is important to ensure that everyone that starts the ride is still there at the end.