First Ascent Revolution Bib Shorts

duringd

We just completed the 2010 Transbaviaans as a 4man team within a quite respectable time. Our kit this year included riding with the First Ascent Revolution Bib Shorts. Unfortunately this product does not live up to expectations of being able to look after your tender bits over a lengthy ride. Maybe it is good for 100km rides, but not ultra ones!

I agree. I even find them uncomfortable on shorter rides. The entire design makes it fit and look cr** on me.

Is there any short that will keep the tender bits happy during such a gruelling race? I use endura baggies mostly and I find its one of the better ones while not being super expensive.

Anybody got any recomendations?

I love mine but I've only used it up to 130km on the road. But the question can also be asked how comfortable is your seat? Did you do the TransB before on the same saddle and different shorts? Short will not solve the problem of a ill fitting saddle.

Seat was and is great, good setup. All 4 of us battled with the shorts, all of us have good setups.

Cape Storm is my favourite - bit more expensive but really good and the bib shorts are even more confortable

This pant is not designed to be used in such an extreme application. Your complaint not 100% justified. If you want to narrow down the chances of suffering, spend the 2k. On di udder hand. We make a product at indola called the "enduro lycra vs3". I am completely convinced that should you choose this product your chances will be better. It also depends from bum to bum. I can mail all the gritty details. It is an extremely complicated and interesting topic. We have enjoyed huge success about which I am grateful. I am mzungu@indola.co.za Available from Chris Willemse, Cajees and Solomons(amongst others) Kind Regards. Philip.