GOODBYE Athlone Cooling Towers.

DMC007

@ Butafly...

They were deemed structural unsound... Now think of your house's roof... And if that may be declared unsound... It it is a tiled roof, you have close to 100kg per square mete above your head. Should that crash down on to you, you will die. So why would you have something that is 80 meters high, stand around thant could possibly claim a single life? How about ten?

Twat = someone who does not understand the physics of gravity...

They will be missed, but they should go...

Here in Nigeria our house water comes from three 5000liter tanks mounted on a stand. This is for four flats in the estate. Water is pumped from boreholes.

During the week I noticed that the tank stand is at an angle, slight but someting is definitely fialing and the stand seems to be rotating. I called the owner and he was not concerned.

I then told him the following:-

- The mass of water is one ton per cubic meter thus the load on the stand with 15 tons ...... the same mass as an Mack tipper truck that is unloaded.

- If the tank starts falling it will go down intoany direction as it is rotatting

- It can fall onto parked cars or on the inhabited flat that is in close proximity

- When it starts falling it will happen at 9,81 minutes per second square..... thus very fast and he will be held reponsible for all losses

His eyes went very wide and he will be fixing the tank stand on Monday!!!!!!!!!

@ Butafly...

They were deemed structural unsound... Now think of your house's roof... And if that may be declared unsound... It it is a tiled roof, you have close to 100kg per square mete above your head. Should that crash down on to you, you will die. So why would you have something that is 80 meters high, stand around thant could possibly claim a single life? How about ten?

Twat = someone who does not understand the physics of gravity...

They will be missed, but they should go...

It's only 49.5kg / meter squared roof area.

Or 0,495kn. this is for conventional cement roof tiles.

this does not include the truss and ceilings.