Top 10 one day MTB Rides in SA

Firemeister

Hi all MTB buddies. I'm new to the MTB scene and back to cycling after a 9 year layoff. Done 12 ACT's but that was on tar so I realise that it doesn't really count in this community and I am a newbie to the gravel scene. Been riding Adventure M'cycles for the past few years but feel the need to get fit again.

I love the idea of setting a goal and I thought that riding the top 10 MTB rides across our beautiful country would be a great goal to start with. Please give me an indication of your top 10 rides. I will then see how I can fit them into the calendar.

Thanks

Hi Doggone,

how about some feedback on your exploits and the various top 10 mtb races mentioned in this thread..

Well so far I have only ridden SabieXperience lite and plan to do the full version in december. Also ridden some of the shorter day races but currently training for a 5 day 500 km ride through the karoo to eastern cape with Woodbridge school. Possibky also wine to whales as a friend might not make it. So my programme is reasonably set up and will also get me to the next level of fitness.

Definitely see the Joburg2C and imana wild ride as must do's.

So many lovely places to ride but unfotyunately I still have to work.

Can we possibly start a post for these each... With details, maybe a trail section with trail, danger measure, cost to go, length, etc? Or is there already such a one...? We could make em sticky?

• 2 weeks later...