Anoyone know Wynand Venter

leandra

The Krugersdorp accountant carged with the death of my 18 year old daughter (cyclist) on Robert Broom in Krugersdorp on the 24th of July 2010 has committed suicide - Beeld reported on the front page today.

Wynand Venter was found in his Noordheuwel home on Friday night, with a gunshot wound to the head, his pistol lying next to him.

According to Beeld, Venter's lawyers began negotiating with the state last week in the hope of coming to a plea agreement.

Venter was charged with a hit-and-run accident involving my daughter Merzanne van Wyk - he knocked her off her bicycle and she died at the scene after sustaining serious neck and back injuries - he passed my other daughter and myself without even telling us he killed Merzanne.

He went back to the scene and tried to clean all the evidence - but forgot his numberplate - and a witness saw him race away from the scene.

I guess he made a choice and he now has only to answer to God - we as the family of Merzanne really miss her - we miss cycling a lot - we miss our times together on our bicycles - and things will never be the same without her -

But yes - he sentenced himself!!

He was a coward when he took a young life and he was a coward when he ended his own life. We all make mistakes but it is how you deal with these mistakes that will define who you are. I fail to see what societal commentary had to with it and I find it very difficult to have any sympathy for him.

Dink julle nie sy gewete waarmee hy vir die res van sy lewe moes saamleef is reeds erg genoeg nie?

Nee.