Tyres and Tubes

AIRMAVRICK

I've been pricing Tubeless kits

FYI

Stan's Kit

CWC & Buycycle have them round R450

Was looking at the Ghetto option but can't find the 20" BMX tubes with removable presta valves :(

I've only been MTBing couple times, i think i've been running way too hard now at 4 bar, i'm a roadie, 10 bar is normal!

Hi

1. You might have thorns still stuck in the tyre damaging your tubes

2. Rim liners might have moved damaging your tubes

3. Your rims migh have impact damage on the inside of the rim damaging your tube

OR

It might be a combination of the 3

Go tubeless. I have done the Ghetto conversion, works like a bomb. No need for UST tires or rims, you can even use the 24' tubes to do the conversion assuming you run on 26' wheels. It cost me R250 and 1hr of work. 2 x presta tubes @ R40 ea, and 1 x Stans Tire sealant @ R170. Search for the ghetto tubeless conversion on you tube for some video guidance.

Depending on your weight also, but I run 1.9 bar at the back and 1.8 bar front, i weigh in at 78kg.

Works for me!

Just my 2 cents worth, hope this helped.

Hi

1. You might have thorns still stuck in the tyre damaging your tubes

2. Rim liners might have moved damaging your tubes

3. Your rims migh have impact damage on the inside of the rim damaging your tube

OR

It might be a combination of the 3

Go tubeless. I have done the Ghetto conversion, works like a bomb. No need for UST tires or rims, you can even use the 24' tubes to do the conversion assuming you run on 26' wheels. It cost me R250 and 1hr of work. 2 x presta tubes @ R40 ea, and 1 x Stans Tire sealant @ R170. Search for the ghetto tubeless conversion on you tube for some video guidance.

Depending on your weight also, but I run 1.9 bar at the back and 1.8 bar front, i weigh in at 78kg.

Works for me!

Just my 2 cents worth, hope this helped.