Lactic Acid / Acid Reflux

david16v

Read up about this yesterday. Sounds like something they give to lab rats :P

:lol: :lol:

No, no, no

It is infact one of the firstline treatments for gastritis of any origin.

More common names are Histak/Ultak/Lenamet.

im sure that if they do a gastroscopie on you they will found that there is a hiatal hernia,during the gastroscopy biopsions can be taken to confirm gastritis or to see if helicobacter pylori is present,your simtons are actually very common in athletes as well as opera singers if there is a hiatal hernia present.remember it can be a sliding hiatal hernia were if the pressure on the diaphrame is high a part off the stomach push threu the diaphrame and then put pressure on the heart and lungs

im sure that if they do a gastroscopie on you they will found that there is a hiatal hernia,during the gastroscopy biopsions can be taken to confirm gastritis or to see if helicobacter pylori is present,your simtons are actually very common in athletes as well as opera singers if there is a hiatal hernia present.remember it can be a sliding hiatal hernia were if the pressure on the diaphrame is high a part off the stomach push threu the diaphrame and then put pressure on the heart and lungs

If all fails in cycling then I can take up Opera!! :P

Hiatis hernia was suspected initially but that's why I went for the X-rays and the Barium scans. I needed to illiminate all possibilities.

Fortunately it was not a hernia in my case, but I agree with you, it could be a hernia.

It is better to go see a quack and be sure

Hi there,

I have been experiencing the same issues the day after the 2009 DC and started to become progressively worse.

What I did notice is that this happens when I eat things like oily food (fried chips, crumbed chicken burgers etc etc), oats, bread food containing yeast.

I used to pop Gaviscon like smarties before I started to make the connections and since I have cut bread, oily foods and oats out of my diet, i have not needed to use Gaviscon even though I have a tube with me just in case. I also noticed that red wine and beer for some reason increases reflux as well. Such a shame really <_< <_<

Have a look at the similarities between your event and my event here:

Dinner the night before the DC; Chicken Pasta

Breakfast on the day of the event: 2 packets of Oats (choc flavor)and 2 cups of coffee

Dinner the night after the event: cheese and ham sarmies (was to tired to make descent dinner) :D

I was sent for X-rays, Barium Scans (which costs a crap load of money when not covered my medical aid) and everything was declared healthy and clear.

The results did indicate that my PH balance was way to high and this caused the reflux but the foods trigger the feeling and burning sensations.

It has been about 4-5 months since everything started to clear and I will keep away from anything that contains yeast and or deep fried.

I am not sure what triggered this initially and the doctors are also not able to say.

The weather was about 34-35 with a dry SE breeze and I was close to the point of de-hydrating, so I would assume that had an influence.

Good luck there mate, I feel your pain

Jacques

Thanks for the info.

I actually eat the crumbed chicken breasts from Woolworths for supper quite often and this porbably plays a part!

I find a banana, coffee and game (electrolyte drink) also ads to the severity. :huh:

Hiatis hernia was suspected initially but that's why I went for the X-rays and the Barium scans. I needed to illiminate all possibilities.

Fortunately it was not a hernia in my case, but I agree with you, it could be a hernia.

It is better to go see a quack and be sure

Going to the Doctor tomorrow for a mini-medical. Maybe he finds something??

i also experienced these symptoms a couple of weeks ago. Went to the doctor and he put me on something to manually correct the ph balance in my stomach. It started to work after 2-3 days. I've also heard cyclists often don't have enough iron so its good to take a supplement.

nice... ask a public forum as to your medical condition... I'm sure there are docs here who can tell you the problem by not even holding your hand :blink:

Thanks guy, get off my post! :angry: