Flat road in northern suburbs?

faga steam

Hey,

I need to do a 12km TT on a flat road but can not think of any flat roads in the northern suburbs. Must be atleast 6km to do a there and back route. Otherwise 12 km is better.

Thanks Smile

I have looked' date=' there are no flat roads in the Northern suburbs.

[/quote']

Yip, sorry mate, lots of 1min-5 min hills here, but what you are looking for are best found on an IDT - I have lived in this area for 7 years and could not find said piece of roadCry

Tried hard to find 1.

The closest I have come is the service road paralell the the m1 at woodmead.

But thanks anyway.

It is 3.3km so I have to do like almost 4x.

Thanks

Maybe not North but North West.....

Not flat but flat enough to provide a reasonably accurate 2 way average. Try beyers Naude from the Nooitgedacht Road turnoff out and back - should give you 12km. The last bit is a bit of a climb though. But no stops at least.

The road past Sterkfontein Caves entrance in Kromdraai is also not too bad, about 11-12km out and back and you could make up the diff if you add on a bit towards Rhino and Lion Park.

Also from Nedbank Training centre Owalzini (start of Rotary 100) out to the Rhino and Lion Park Circle then left (past the old Trout Farm and Rhinos grazing on the field next to you) towards Sterkfontein rd and back. No robots just one circle but no traffic.

The CG TT route whilst not flat will give you 12-13km out and back from muldersdrift side towards Kloofgezicht circle.

Oh yes there is also krugersdorp Randfontein Rd out and back from the N14 intersection but 2 robots some drags but 16km out and back.