SORTED

Big J-WP

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

#

Measure your inseam. This is best done barefoot. Stand against the wall and put a book between you legs so it pressed right up against your pelvic bone. Make a mark with a pencil on the wall along the top of the book. Measure the distance from the floor to the mark in centimeters.

#

Use your inseam measurement to get a rough idea of your road bike size. Multiply your inseam by .65. This will give you a good estimate of you road bike size for bikes measured center to center. Thus if your inseam is 86 cm, you will fit a 56cm road bike (86 x .65 = 55.9). Note that many road bikes are measured center to top. To determine how to fit these bikes, multiply your inseam by .67.

#

Subtract an additional 10cm and convert this measurement to inches to get your mountain bike frame size, roughly. Thus, if you fit a 56cm road bike (c-c), you will fit a 46cm - or an 18" - mountain bike.

#

Consider top tube length. In many ways, this is the most important aspect of sizing a bike. Two 18" mountain bikes may have different length top tubes. Or a 54cm and an 56cm road bike may have the same length top tube. Given the same top tube length, the bigger bike may be more comfortable in that it will allow you to get the bars up a bit higher.

I say go with the Santa Cruz Tallboy

SORRY CRACK, I was looking at the Santa Cruz Super light not the tallboy, looks like the tallboy could work but wanted a hardtail. Beggers cant be chosers i suppose.

damn so your looking for something in the range of 61 cm = 24 in

Though thats relative according to the math I am supposed to ride a 18" and i ride a 20"

18" being to cramped for me.

Have a look at Ventana USA. They have bikes of 25". I am 1.88 tall and have a tall friend who have one. His saddle fits under my armpit when I stand next to his bike. :D

I know some shop in Krugersdorp deals with these.

You will find all info on the net.

Have a look at Ventana USA. They have bikes of 25". I am 1.88 tall and have a tall friend who have one. His saddle fits under my armpit when I stand next to his bike. :D

I know some shop in Krugersdorp deals with these.

You will find all info on the net.

Thanks Aggies going to check it out NOW

I dont even feature on the chart,

I'M OFF THE CHART.

If memory serves - some Gary Fisher frames were 23" (XXL) and some Merida's also had a 24" but only by special order...

My Merida 900TFS was a 22" and fitted perfectly, but then I am only 6'6" with a 95cm inseam ;)

Thanks to all for the help, went with my gut feel and got the Cannondale SL2 trail

Its more than what I need it for just to mess around with.

Just hope that fork works well in the over 90kg range :) dont know anything about it (RST Deuce Air 100mm w/ 1.5" alloy steerer)