Prices of bicycles

mudda

I would say enough to make a differance, yet we as a community will never make a united stand(Its one thing I really admire about local Aficans, they now how to band together)

In a way, many of us have made a stand, in our individual capacities though. Think CRC... In my case, 54 orders and counting!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats why i started www.blackspaderacing.net to get top end stuff to the average guy on the street.

Full carbon bikes, full carbon wheels and red groupsets with carbon handlebar, stem etc for R 34 000 or with Force for R 30 000 and the force bike will weigh under 6.5kg's

Ha haaa

Thats why i started www.blackspaderacing.net to get top end stuff to the average guy on the street.

Full carbon bikes, full carbon wheels and red groupsets with carbon handlebar, stem etc for R 34 000 or with Force for R 30 000 and the force bike will weigh under 6.5kg's

Ha haaa

You think the "average guy in the street" spends R30k plus on a bike?

Ha haaa indeed!

You think the "average guy in the street" spends R30k plus on a bike?

Ha haaa indeed!

What would be the average spend on a bike for that matter? :unsure:

some ridiculous prices and dont tell me its the design costing this much.

Lightwheight standard IIIC wheels R39 995

Ritchey superlogic wheels 21 900

zip vuma cranks R8000

Cannondale seatpost 1895

lezyne multi tool R1120

Oakley C six sunglasses R48 000

I mean ffs 1120 for a multi tool with carbon sides.

some ridiculous prices and dont tell me its the design costing this much.

Lightwheight standard IIIC wheels R39 995

Ritchey superlogic wheels 21 900

zip vuma cranks R8000

Cannondale seatpost 1895

lezyne multi tool R1120

Oakley C six sunglasses R48 000

Am I reading correctly R48 000 for a pair of sunnies or R4800 - If its R48 000, I would like to meet the person that bought these and give them a swift kick to the bollocks for being such a arse :lol:

Yes 48k for glasses and they are fugly, would love to phone my insurance company and check what the monthly premium would be on those.

lezyne multi tool R1120

Here is average for you.... This is what my first bike cost - 3 years ago. :) The bike....not the seat post or the tool set.

Yes 48k for glasses and they are fugly, would love to phone my insurance company and check what the monthly premium would be on those.

They are ugly, what for and why are two questions that come to mind. Thay also better make you shoot laser beams out them and have x ray vision for that much - I wonder how many of these have actually been sold - Here was me thinking Rudy Project glasses were over priced :rolleyes:

For goodness sake,I think we spend way to much on bicycles. For R33K I could buy a good used car, and still give the guy on his Cervelo a 1 hour head start and still beat him to the finish line

Thats what I cant understand, in relation to a car & motorbike, where there has to be more R&D done(safety etc etc) Yet we still are forced to pay these prices. IT doesnt make sense at all :huh:

Well, cycling is an elitist sport as some would way. Ever walked around where the licenced and elite riders park at races. Name the CARS , most SUVs, Fortuners types, BMWs , Audis, ... thats why the bicycle prices are where they are! It has too big biiiigggg, "look at me , look at me, I'm the highest ape in the tree"

Well, cycling is an elitist sport as some would way. Ever walked around where the licenced and elite riders park at races. Name the CARS , most SUVs, Fortuners types, BMWs , Audis, ... thats why the bicycle prices are where they are! It has too big biiiigggg, "look at me , look at me, I'm the highest ape in the tree"

I agree with this totally, well in this country it is an elitist sport. Not many toffs or people with money in the UK get involved with it, from my experiences. But do you really think they increase prices to make these people think they are the higest ape in the tree. A comment mentioned the other day, about guys not having lights on their 30k plus road bikes made me think quite a bit - Most of these guys are over weight middle aged men, yet they dont want to put lights on their bikes cause it may add a few grams and doesnt look good, forget safety :huh:

I looked up the price of the Oakley C Six, and I can get them for a whopping $1,500 plus free shipping for orders over $50. With the exchange rate that's like 400% markup people!!!

On another note, unless you're a pro, I don't get why you guys are obsessing over grams on your bike. I was kicking people's asses on my Giant OCR 3, with Shimano Sora components, who were riding Felt's, Treks, Cannondales. I think you boys just need your toys!!! And for girls to say "Ooohhh... Shiny!!!"