cycling attack in PE

Konaman

If the going gets realy tough, we can always call out the big guns....

post-14134-004518300 1285515249.gif

Bwahhh ha ha , he can sit at the rear of the pelaton. :lol:

are you suggesting cyclists are riding with pistols and shotguns on training routes? would be news to me.

i also suggest you insure youur bike, unless willie engelbrecht rode it to victory on the rapport tour it's probably not worth fighting over in a knive fight.

I sometimes carry a weapon when riding (back pocket) and running (moonbag) all depends where I am going or if I know the area - if I dont, the weapon comes with.

I dont care about my bike, and its insured, but I do care about my life and limb, and I will protect that with everything I have.

Dont think these perpetrators are going to stop you and ask nicely to hand over your bike and watch, they will come at you with force and intention to take you out, or at the least incapacitate you sufficiently to allow them to take what they want and get away.

Their modus operandi is to remove you as a threat, and while you are upright and walking, you are a threat, will a firearm protect you....? I dont know, I havent had to use it yet, but I would rather be in a knife fight with a .32 than an unwrapped energy bar.

I sometimes carry a weapon when riding (back pocket) and running (moonbag) all depends where I am going or if I know the area - if I dont, the weapon comes with.

I dont care about my bike, and its insured, but I do care about my life and limb, and I will protect that with everything I have.

Dont think these perpetrators are going to stop you and ask nicely to hand over your bike and watch, they will come at you with force and intention to take you out, or at the least incapacitate you sufficiently to allow them to take what they want and get away.

Their modus operandi is to remove you as a threat, and while you are upright and walking, you are a threat, will a firearm protect you....? I dont know, I havent had to use it yet, but I would rather be in a knife fight with a .32 than an unwrapped energy bar.

If you are going to ride armed, here is some advice that we got from a rider who chooses to do just that who we interviewed for a safety feature in TREAD a few issues ago.

TREAD_Issue5_Safety_Web.pdf

If you are going to ride armed, here is some advice that we got from a rider who chooses to do just that who we interviewed for a safety feature in TREAD a few issues ago.

Sure, a lot of the article is common sense, but its good for folk to read as it illustrates the fact that riding / running alone leaves you as a soft target, and not to expect any mercy from these thugs.

..but, yeah, make sure you can use a gun, and are prepared to use it, if the need arises.