Merida tfs 800 vs Silverback Spectra

Voltageza

Sorry, actual weight is 11.6kg. Still pretty impressive. Silverback also claims the same weight and they are accurate - i weighed the bike and guess what: 11.6kg.

Awesome :) beat that you snobs,at the same price! Covie look what you have made me become......What bike do you ride Covie?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry edwin, I do appologize, I use to have a couple of SB hardtails, then got an amazing deal on an Anthem X frame, so buildt the SB over onto the anthem.

dont have the cash for both a HT and Dual Sus at the moment, but if i had the cash i would definitly have gotten either the spectra or the shift 2 they are gorgeous machines.

..I am probable going to buy a silverback Spectra and if I overtake some snob drives passed and he thinks "wow he only has a silverback" I really could not give a damn

Better, I think.

LOL Big S he is perfectly entitled to his comment, I just dont agree with it. But sure thing lets see what he says lol can only be fun. ;)

So I passed it on ..... first he mumbled about it being dark so he can't read then at the end of the ride he read it and mumbled some more about your comment regarding him 'not having ridden one' was true and he should maybe keep his big sarcastic mouth shut :unsure:

He's a good guy so I think the comment was made without too much thought but feels a bit doff now .... he'll get over it no worries B)

Lol BigS give your buddy a pat on the back :D I also did'nt mean to "attack" your mate, our problem is we base our deicisons on what we are told "mainly by big corportate marketing companies" and eventually we beleive them as well.

Someone along the line probably just shot down the SB brand while he was within earshot, and from there a perception was formed and thats probably where his comments come from. And to be honest a lot of people even cyclists with years of bike/gear experiance do exactly the same thing.

If he test rides one and still hates it, and thinks it cheap I wont be able to fault his opinion since he has made a conclusion based on fact and experiance. The human mind doesnt work that way unfortuanitly.

So tell your buddy I appologize if I came accross a bit strong, I have been known to not be very tactful at times.

lol Obviously raleigh has an even worse rep on the hub than SB, I wont comment though cause i have never ridden one. They look like they might get the job done, and a couple of the guys on the hub that do own Raleigh seem to enjoy them.

Our group rag him about it all the time, funniest was when someone commented a while back 'oh here's Serge Damseaux' :lol: :lol: