Merida tfs 800 vs Silverback Spectra

Voltageza

Voltageza. Hope they have stock of the SB for you if you decide to buy one. I wanted a ventura and aparently they could not find a 17" anywhere in SA for me so I had to buy another brand.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@covie, I'll print out your comment and give it to him on the ride tomorrow morning ..... maybe he'll read it maybe not :blink:

LOL Big S he is perfectly entitled to his comment, I just dont agree with it. But sure thing lets see what he says lol can only be fun. ;)

It is really upsetting when a brand or product is labeled by the price and not by the quality and this is not just done in the cycling world.

As I said I am looking for a bike that is worth the price,I have 11grand and want to get a bike that I get my moneys worth and I keep going back to silverback. At the end of the day I am probable going to buy a silverback Spectra and if some snob drives passed and thinks "wow he only has a silverback" I really could not give a damn. I mean at the moment I ride a year 2000 frame that has one disk brake and one V brake.

It is really upsetting when a brand or product is labeled by the price and not by the quality and this is not just done in the cycling world.

As I said I am looking for a bike that is worth the price,I have 11grand and want to get a bike that I get my moneys worth and I keep going back to silverback. At the end of the day I am probable going to buy a silverback Spectra and if some snob drives passed and thinks "wow he only has a silverback" I really could not give a damn. I mean at the moment I ride a year 2000 frame that has one disk brake and one V brake.

Edwin, the only real 'thing' to worry about is crossing the finish line ahead of the snobbery - thats the best feeling in the world :lol:

We have a SB Ventura (the sexy matt gold one) in the family and it is an incredible bike for the price... no scratch that... it is an incredible bike fullstop!

I ride a 2009 Anthem X2 and love it to bits but I am growing fonder, by the day, of the Ventura's great looks and the way that it performs (fork is great, brakes are great and the gears are spot on)!

The Ventura is a very capable bike.

Beware though, it is intended as a racing XC bike, you will be stretched over the frame.

I picked up my Spectra about 10 days ago. Great bike, already done over 200km and I am a noob.

As far as I know Spectra retail price should be R11200.00 but either way they should give you a 10% discount off their retail. Unfortunately I think Silverback may be out of Spectras and Venturas in medium.

Hi

I bought a Silverback Spectra last week and Friday from Westdene cycles in Gauteng for R10,200. I am very impressed with this bike - very stiff and extremely fast. The bike weighs 11.4kg stock standard. Attach is a picture of her. Go for the Spectra!!post-18577-032209100 1285699241.jpg

OK I bought the Silverback Spectra. The Merida 1000-D has the same components except the SB has better brakes and i think better hubs. Saw one one www.jowettscycles.co.za and phoned them for a price. Guy was very help full. The Merida 1000-D was going for R16 000. So you will be paying R5000 for a Merida badge. What big a difference can the frame make. Say it brakes, its got a lifetime guarantee.

The Spectra is awesome and rides like a dream.

PS. Anybody know of some good shelters. IR broke :-)

Hi

I bought a Silverback Spectra last week and Friday from Westdene cycles in Gauteng for R10,200. I am very impressed with this bike - very stiff and extremely fast. The bike weighs 11.4kg stock standard. Attach is a picture of her. Go for the Spectra!!post-18577-032209100 1285699241.jpg

She is so pretty.... I want :(

do what i did last month after buying my new anthem frame, when there is no food in the cupboards just lick your bike from time to time, it still the hunger pains. and makes your bike really shiny.

OK I bought the Silverback Spectra. The Merida 1000-D has the same components except the SB has better brakes and i think better hubs. Saw one one www.jowettscycles.co.za and phoned them for a price. Guy was very help full. The Merida 1000-D was going for R16 000. So you will be paying R5000 for a Merida badge. What big a difference can the frame make. Say it brakes, its got a lifetime guarantee.

The Spectra is awesome and rides like a dream.

Thats awesome dude!Congrats on your purchase,I am sure you going to dig it :) and saving R5grand and getting a better bike=Deal.

The bike weighs 11.4kg stock standard. :huh:

This I would like to see.

Sorry for asking a stupid question but is 11.4kg good or bad? Seeing that i am about 10kg overweight i have never blame the bike :-)

Sorry for asking a stupid question but is 11.4kg good or bad? Seeing that i am about 10kg overweight i have never blame the bike :-)

11.4kg for that bike would be quite amazing actually. But it does sound a little fishy... <_<

Sorry, actual weight is 11.6kg. Still pretty impressive. Silverback also claims the same weight and they are accurate - i weighed the bike and guess what: 11.6kg.