How technical is black route at Teak

Mileage

How technical is the black route at Teak? I want to go this weekend with some friends. We have done the Nissan MTB series 40k's and no problems so far.

Looking for a solid 3-4 hours flowing ride rather than a really technical ride.

Which route would be best?

Thanks

You'll have to do a couple of loops in that time. It's not overly technical. Twisty and tricky in places, but nothing too taxing.

Black route is not too bad with a good couple of steep climbs.

If you wan a longer ride try Breedsnek +-50km or longer if you want to go up and over

For 3-4 hours you'll need to do the Blue Route twice - remember to go to under the tar road and do the 10km's on the other-side - free flowing and good for "getting a rhythm"

Yea black track is not to technical theres a few crazy parts through the forrest and some good climbs but all good.

• 2 weeks later...

It's almost as if Teak does not rate for technical ability but more endurance ability. Black..you just suffer a little bit more.

I am with juggie, rather go to breedts

I rode Breedts neck a few weeks back, Quite a tough climb to the top

How technical is the black route at Teak? I want to go this weekend with some friends. We have done the Nissan MTB series 40k's and no problems so far.

Looking for a solid 3-4 hours flowing ride rather than a really technical ride.

Which route would be best?

Thanks

Just beware of the 2nd part of Gnome Lane.... serious off camber pathway over big roots... can be slippery... with a nice drop off just around the corner... Probably the most technical trail at teak...

I slipped over the roots once and bliksem'd over to the right down a mini rivine.....was actually quite funny... sore tho... good times!

I am with juggie, rather go to breedts

Teak and Breedts are very different.... Breedt is great for long tempo riding with about 1200 - 1400m of climbing if you ride over the big climb and back up the other side.

Teak is more technical with quite a lot of singletrack, one quite challenging technical climb on the black route.... higher heart rate riding than breedts.

My 2 cents worth...

sorry for the mini-hijack, but where is breedts? I've heard about it but never been there. I'm going to be doing a LOT of riding in the next 2 months, so I need to find some new places :)

sorry for the mini-hijack, but where is breedts? I've heard about it but never been there. I'm going to be doing a LOT of riding in the next 2 months, so I need to find some new places :)

Breedts is by the Van Gaalens cheese factory in hekpoort (near hartebeespoort dam) - use google maps to find directions to Van Gaalens Cheese factory (very easy).

Park at the small shopping centre just before the factory on ur right. Turn right out the parking lot on ur bike and take second dirt road right and keep riding....21kms slight uphill drag to the breedts nek climb.... go down the other side and climb back up. about 60kms, 3-4 hrs ride

Why so much riding ?

Breedts is by the Van Gaalens cheese factory in hekpoort (near hartebeespoort dam) - use google maps to find directions to Van Gaalens Cheese factory (very easy).Park at the small shopping centre just before the factory on ur right. Turn right out the parking lot on ur bike and take second dirt road right and keep riding....21kms slight uphill drag to the breedts nek climb.... go down the other side and climb back up. about 60kms, 3-4 hrs ride

Thanks a million :) will definitely go check it out

Why so much riding ?

Cause I'm basically on holiday :) got 1 more week of class, but its not too hectic. And I cant seem to find a holiday job that would be worth my while, so mountain bike it is!!!

Thanks a million :) will definitely go check it out

Cause I'm basically on holiday :) got 1 more week of class, but its not too hectic. And I cant seem to find a holiday job that would be worth my while, so mountain bike it is!!!

Kewl, we must go do breedts together, let me know when and where you riding