Knee pain?

Hi All,

I started mtb in Feb this year. Totally addicted now, like most us :)

I started getting knee pain in the last 3 weeks. Ok, I must admit Im training very hard for the Mankele stage race but I also make sure that Im getting enough rest inbetween.

What different factor can cause knee pain in your opinion?

Bike setup - normally saddle to high or to low or else cleat position could also be wrong.

And before you say you have changed nothing in your setup since Feb - gravity is a bitch so your seat will tend to get lower over time with you sitting on it.

Very general question but it can be:

Wrong setup: Bike and Cleats

Overuse

Old Injury flaring up

Muscle imbalance-like 1 part of your quad is stronger.

You are asking a bunch of non-medical people a medical question.

What I would do is go see a Biokenitist or a dr that knows sport-NOT the GP whose understanding of sport is going to the game at Loftus with the Voltaren rep, but someone who knows and has experience with Sportspeople.

That way they can work together the DR, Bio and Physio to get you back.

I had bad tendinitis and the bio and physio who helped me made me glad I did not go to a GP.

I experienced knee/ tendon pain while training for argus last year, i was fit but one

last looong ride was too much, you need to rest the knee and trust you did enough training

use strapping for the ride it helps. it got me to the end of the argus with no hassels

with tendontist i normally rest about 7-10 days then start light training after,

14 days it is sorted

Thanks guys. I think it might actually be my seat height. I haven't checked (my bad) but in the last few training sessions it actually felt like my seat was too low. I thought its not possible because how can it move. Now that I think of it, the way I ride (like a hooligan) it is possible. Im gonna check it this afternoon.

If its not that I will go the dr route. Im gonna take a well deserved rest the week before the Mankele race. Think that will also help for any possible over training.

Very general question but it can be:

Wrong setup: Bike and Cleats

Overuse

Old Injury flaring up

Muscle imbalance-like 1 part of your quad is stronger.

You are asking a bunch of non-medical people a medical question.

What I would do is go see a Biokenitist or a dr that knows sport-NOT the GP whose understanding of sport is going to the game at Loftus with the Voltaren rep, but someone who knows and has experience with Sportspeople.

That way they can work together the DR, Bio and Physio to get you back.

I had bad tendinitis and the bio and physio who helped me made me glad I did not go to a GP.

Which Bio and Physio did you go see? I am in your area and is thinking about going to see one.

Only 10%. Thats not very much. :unsure:

Nope it is not much but it is correct, you can go a bit more with cycling but when it comes to things like running 10% is spot on. You do big damage to yourself very quickly if you don't allow your body to adapt.