weight conscious sports

covie

Why in such a weight conscious sport like cycling do we struggle to get the weights of items.

I want a whole new groupset and i want to compare the total weight of an entire groupset i.e.

slx / xt / saint / xtr

x7 /x9 /x0 /xx

but nowhere can i find any infor on the groupset as a whole, indendant sites that sell these items put claimed weight on a specific item. but nowehere do you get the @#$@#$ complete picture.

Sharkie thats pretty much my point, why should i have to go into a LBS to research these things. The suppliers should make this plan clear and simple to access.

I mean how difficult is it to list all the parts in a groupset, put the weight next to them, and if they own a calculator they can even put the combined weight on their sites.

Thanks Beone and Crack but if you look at weight weenies a 2000 model deore crankset is 686G thats only 200g lighter than the current XT crankset. lol so have to assume theres no BB or chaingaurd etc etc.

The link i pasted above so far is the most indicative since its the entire drivetrain, just miffed that they dont have anything under the SLX, would love know the diff between SLX and XT drivetrains.

Interesting thing the X9 drivetrain is basically the same weight as the XO drivetrain.

Not sure if this site would help, they have all the parts, so you would just need to add up the different weights. They're pretty on top of their stuff.

www.performancebike.com

Thanks lizzy they have a nice setup.

I love that store. I cannot go in there without dropping a couple hundred bucks.

performance bikes looks like a massive bike store, everything under a roof

It's a chain store, so they're all over the US. The staff that they have know their stuff, and if they don't have something in stock, they can usually get it within a business day.

The best part for me is that they have a buyers club, and you get 10% back to spend in the store, sale and clearance items included.

that's pretty cool. US market is probably hHUGEe compared to us.

And it looks like they stock pretty much most brands.

this is what p's me off :

they say XTR crank weighs 740g

i weighed it myself and it is 795g

bloody money makers