Van Gaalens - Pofadder route

swartpiet

Would like to know whom of the hubbers here have done this route at van Gaalens and what were your thoughts.

Me and my buddy did it this weekend. We did the route both ways on Saturday morning. It was insane since we did the actual pofadder climb up the mountain last. But we made it to the top.

I reckon this is awesome trainign for tuff technical stage races.

Is that the climb that you ride up to the church?

Nope, its on the total opposite mountain range. The climb up to the church I would rate 6/10. The pofadder route I would rate 9/10 where 10/10 would not be ridable. Its is insanely technical, a lot of rocks and switchbacks you have to negotiate.

Would like to know whom of the hubbers here have done this route at van Gaalens and what were your thoughts.

Me and my buddy did it this weekend. We did the route both ways on Saturday morning. It was insane since we did the actual pofadder climb up the mountain last. But we made it to the top.

I reckon this is awesome trainign for tuff technical stage races.

That pofadder climb reminded me allot of some of the climbs in the 2007 Epic. TOUGH!!!

But the rest of the trails are amazing, especially the river single tracks!

• 2 weeks later...

found it :) hiked some of it up cos i'm just not strong enough. nice and technical!!

the downhill was just awesome. would not like to do it in the wet, though. have to admit that there's 2 teensy-weensy-short sections on the down that i walked ... will have to go back and do it again, obviously :D

Are you guys talking about the little town called Pofadder?

we

re talking about an insignificant little climbie at van gaalens cheese farm :)

were talking about an insignificant little climbie at van gaalens cheese farm :)

ooh my bad! :whistling: But the town's also got a moerse climb just outside it haha