Blows my mind

FowlStArt

My POLAR heart rate transmitter strap bombed out a while back (not bad as it has lasted me quite a while)

But in going to purchase another strap I find that it will cost me nothing under R650 for the strap alone.

I can get a CS100 (obviously comes with transmitter plus all the standard fittings) off chain reaction, pay postage and duties and get it for R790, I then have a spare monitor which i can put on my MTB and it only costs R140 more.

How the greatness can our LBS's and the importer justify such huge markups, Shocking how we all getting ripped.

Arent the prices fixed reccomended by Polar?

i.e. you pay the same @ Sportsmans or LBS ?

Are you sure it's the same strap? The new straps you don't replace the transmitter but just the strap for R160.

Yeah the actual transmitter is stuffed Mamp's, had it for a few years so it was due, was out training and next thing I had no heart rate lol thought it might have been hekpoort (and i was lying back down the hill lifeless) lol but alas. The new 1's you can replace the battery if I am not mistaken

My POLAR heart rate transmitter strap bombed out a while back (not bad as it has lasted me quite a while)

But in going to purchase another strap I find that it will cost me nothing under R650 for the strap alone.

I can get a CS100 (obviously comes with transmitter plus all the standard fittings) off chain reaction, pay postage and duties and get it for R790, I then have a spare monitor which i can put on my MTB and it only costs R140 more.

How the greatness can our LBS's and the importer justify such huge markups, Shocking how we all getting ripped.

Rip Off artists - They have also cornered the market on repairs and battery replacements.

I think I have one at home. Have not used it in over a year so I don't know if it still works. Will see if I can find it and will let you know.

Funnily enough, I came across a section on the Polar ZA website that says they do trade-ins on straps:

Trade-in of Polar Transmitter Belts (includes new elastic strap):

Trade-in T31 Standard Transmitter Belt - R280.00

Trade-in T31 Coded Transmitter Belt - R 350.00

Trade-in T31 Coded Transmitter Belt on WearLink Transmitter Belt - R 400.00

You can check it out here at the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps.

Bud, Ur a legend, u riding the cradle this weekend?

Going to Magalies and comming back over Hekpoort. Nice 115km.

Funnily enough, I came across a section on the Polar ZA website that says they do trade-ins on straps:

You can check it out here at the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps.

Helps alot thanks, but if i do get then im still considering the CRC option, nice benifit to getting the extra monitor to pop on the MTB