Intense 5.5 query

quickdraw

Howdy, I am 5'9" - and according to the intense site I should be on a 19" (medium). Anybody else have one and how tall are you?

Then how would a 120mm Reba work on the bike or would a talas RLC(07)be better suited? I plan to build it up reasonably light (for what it is) - but would like to use it as well for the odd 60k race or possibly multi stage?

Not sure I would agree - the 5.5 means 5.5 inches of travel for the frame. That would suit a 130 - 140mm fork would it not?

Try both - see whats comfy, especially if you plan to ride long distance rides.

Not sure I would agree - the 5.5 means 5.5 inches of travel for the frame. That would suit a 130 - 140mm fork would it not?

Try both - see whats comfy, especially if you plan to ride long distance rides.

Well they put the suited range of travel at 120-140mm. A bit late now, bought the Talas (90-130mm) - not too bad weight wise - 1740g

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I missed this thread, only saw it now, I see you've already built it up :)

I ride a medium 5.5 with a RockShox Revelation U-turn on it, travel adjustable between 110-140mm. I'm 1.83 (so 6" exactly), and the bike fits me perfectly. I'm pretty sure you're finding it fine for you as well...

The TALAS is perfect travel-wise for the frame. I thought at first that I'd ride it at 140mm all the time (I dreamt about the super-plushness), but believe it or not I generally find it perfect at 110mm. The handling is a bit snappier because the wheelbase is shorter then, which I find suits the bike very well, and 110mm is still more than enough for general riding; 130 or 140mm you'll find gets a bit silly going uphill. Because the bike's such an amazing climber, it needs fork travel to cater for that. That being said, I dial it to 140mm when bombing down Tokai's singletrack, the beast shows its amazing versatility then by being buttery smooth on the descents. One of my buddies (Bos, he's also on here) told me beforehand that I'd end up riding it at 110mm most of the time, I didn't believe him, but it's turned out to be a perfect setting!

Here's mine, I've since dropped and inverted the stem and put a Monkey Lite SL riser bar on. In the pic the fork is at 140mm, it actually kinda looks out of proportion...

post-3655-053430700 1287831003.jpg