Airtime Photos

Capricorn

Do you know what the faeries are planning to do with that huge slice of tree in the middle of 6 Mile?

what what?! have hte local tennants left some foliage in the middle of the jump? Or was it the wind perhaps? Is it in the launch or landing?

I'll probably be planning a saturday morning build session at the bombhole. Probably start around 8ish. Dig it down. Remove the current rock & lip. Build a new lip and landing.

Like Super_mil said... it gives quite a kick... and a step-up there will be nice for trying new tricks. Plus those black-jack bushes on the sides are quite nice and soft to crash land into (I know... I've tried them :blush: )

Edited by patches

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a slice of tree trunk, probably 70cm in diameter, and about a meter tall, very deliberately placed just before the landing. It almost seems as if someone is going to build a huge safety for that jump.

Its a slice of tree trunk, probably 70cm in diameter, and about a meter tall, very deliberately placed just before the landing. It almost seems as if someone is going to build a huge safety for that jump.

aah! that seems like the work of the Spruit fairy.

Where do you park when you go to work on the bombhole?

we usually park at Fratelli's, but on Monday evening we noticed some nice parking at the sports grounds just up the embankment from the bombhole.

@nolipoli, thanks for your help today. We kept on working until we estimated the landing was ready for testing. I was voted guinea pig.

First run... hit the lip fast-ish and boosted the heck outta it. Result... OVER-JUMPED :lol:

So yeah, next few runs I toned it down. That landing is super smooth! Eventually I was running in with front wheel on the edge of the drop in, and even braking slightly at the bottom of the dip, then boost like hell and tadaah! you're safely on the landing.

I genuinely do feel safer than on it now than before we built it (so what we told the XCers, that stopped to look, wasn't a lie :lol: )

So yeah... guys that ride the spruit and enjoy a bit of jumping, check out the new and improved bomb-hole. Let me know what you think... what can be improved.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a couple of stills that I screenshot from a vid of a friend jumping the new and improved bomb-hole on the Spruit.

At the moment one can run it in very slow... just tipping in off the edge of the descent. If one adds a bit of a run up the landing could be moved bak 2m, easy!

RUN IN

post-10758-0-71742100-1310969995.jpg

Edited by patches

LANDING

post-10758-0-89957200-1310970229.jpg

Nice! I rode past that jump on Saturday on my SS and promised myself that I would try it once I could get up the courage - and when not riding alone....and when I have my medical aid card on me....

• 3 weeks later...

My balls eventually dropped and I summoned up the courage to hit this baby, all I can say is WOOOOOW

It feels soo good :clap:

post-4310-0-93800500-1312831502.jpg

post-4310-0-84691700-1312831505.jpg

Dude, you are SICK! I want your skills, dammit! GIMME! GIMME!

Seriously though, mad props to you, man... Musta felt like heaven.

It all happens Seriously fast, maybe when I get use to it and relax a bit ill feel more air time, was really chuffed when i cleared it thou, firstly felt really awesome, secondly I wasnt on my way to hospital :thumbup:

My balls eventually dropped and I summoned up the courage to hit this baby, all I can say is WOOOOOW

It feels soo good :clap:

that'll do peach, that'll do!

but seriously... that jump is insane. Well done! And gotta love the trials style back wheel drop mid air :lol:

Think I'll chicken run it on saturday.

Edited by patches