Westdene Cycles?

Tumbleweed

**** I have been shopping there and at their previous store since 1987, nearly left my GT 29er there yesterday for it's first service!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a close one MrG

ok, so if you left your bike there, will the disclaimer apply, that stuff left in the shop that gets damaged is not their responsibility ?

will your insurance cover the bike ?

sheesh - sorry for the loss westdene cycles!

Fire looks like it was contained mostly in the appliances section

Fortunatly not affecting the Bike Section or Upstairs showroom much

So far, no bikes were injured or hurt, just very dirty en full of smoke & soot.

No-One seriously hurt, Faried's mom went to hospital for smoke inhalation.

Bike shop was certainly not "Gutted"

ok, so if you left your bike there, will the disclaimer apply, that stuff left in the shop that gets damaged is not their responsibility ?

will your insurance cover the bike ?

sheesh - sorry for the loss westdene cycles!

Your insurance should cover it but not theirs. All service places have the disclaimer that they are not responsible for fire or theft of your stuff.

That was a close one MrG

Very, I have tried to call Farid on both numbers and they are constantly engaged , so I hope all ok there.

Crazy - bought my bike from them on Satuday - was back there on Monday to pick up a couple things!

I dropped my fiance's brand new R20k bike off their on Monday for its first service. When we heard the news, she got quite stressed. I collected it this morning, bike was fine, but covered in a thick layer of oily grime.... not great at all. not sure that the white handle tape and seat will clean 100%, but will try.

I hope they pull through fine.

Very, I have tried to call Farid on both numbers and they are constantly engaged , so I hope all ok there.

Anyone have an alternative number?

Are they open yet? Need to take my mtb back after a service because there is a noise coming from the crank...