Hub Service Workshops

Johan Bornman

Sensing some misunderstanding of the workings on hubs, I've decided to add a hub service workshop to the Yellow Saddle line-up of workshops and courses.

The workshops will take place on Saturday 6 November. The cup-and-cone workshop will be in the morning, the cartridge bearing one in the afternoon.

09:30 - 12:30 Cup-and-cone hub service

13:30 - 16:30 Cartridge bearing hub service.

I'll deal in detail with the following topics:

•  
  • Bearings
  • Lubrication.
  • Seals,
  • Free play and pre-load
  • Inspection
  • Repair
  • Tools

After the theoretical discussion, you'll work on and service your own wheels. We'll do an in-situ inspection of each wheel and then open the bearings to assess the damage and do whatever it requires to fix them. You should walk away from the workshop with a fully serviced set of wheels and the knowledge, skill and confidence to do this yourself in future.

I'll make sure I have all consumables and spares available, should your wheels require anything.

The cost is R470-00 per person and will include workshop notes, refreshments and consumables. Spares will be extra.

I take a maximum of 6 people per session. A deposit of R100 secures your place.

I'll have all the necessary tools on sale as well.

Contact me on johanatyellowsaddledotceeodotzeda for more information and bookings.

if only you did this in durbs!! or there was someone that did....

+1 - Please come to Durbs - We will buy you bunny chows :drool:

Johan, I know I've asked this before BUT....when are you coming to Cape Town to run a road bike repair and maintenance course ?

I'm going be leaving for OZ in the next few months and would like to attend one of your workshops before I leave.

Johan, I know I've asked this before BUT....when are you coming to Cape Town to run a road bike repair and maintenance course ?

I'm going be leaving for OZ in the next few months and would like to attend one of your workshops before I leave.

I was in Cape Town two weekends ago! Where were you?

The next course in Cape Town is on the first weekend in December.

You know where to find me.

Would be keen on road bike repair and maintenance workshop in Joburg area :D

Your wish is my command....check my subsequent post.

come on Johan, thats 4 already... lets get you down to durbs already...

That's three by my count.

Guys, I've said this before. Come up with a plan and a reasonable number of starting delegates and I'll do it.

i counted myself twice, my brother would def be in! Okay well thanks, come on okes from durbs?? Bring in the numbers....

i counted myself twice, my brother would def be in! Okay well thanks, come on okes from durbs?? Bring in the numbers....

Do you wanna get a thread going, cause im in 150% in